• YES

112 67.88%
  • NO

53 32.12%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Employed or not??

Former WoW Addict DanielWilliamson's Avatar
    Thanks

Got my first JSA this week. Felt quite bad to get it. Applied for well over 100 jobs so gonna start setting sites a bit lower!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanielWilliamson View Post
    Got my first JSA this week. Felt quite bad to get it. Applied for well over 100 jobs so gonna start setting sites a bit lower!
    Its one of those feelings that never goes.... Needs must an all that though
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPC View Post
    I'm heavy handed and so like a stiff one

Thanks

Aye, it's also terrible going to the JC, as last time a chav and his family were kicking off because they stopped his money haha.

Thanks

haha awesome. I always feel the JC Staff look down at you, felt like saying to em, just cos im on JSA dont mean im scum

Sure you will find something though, I was on JSA for 3 months. They changed me to a weekly sign on yawn.

I found an agency that would help me though.. might be worth looking into?
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

Thanks

Aye that's the next thing that I am going for. Trying to get back into IT rather than generic customer services and crap like that as I can't stand customers but it's quite hard to get into when you only have one years experience in Soft Dev and no degree JUNIOR ROLES, Y U WANT DEGREES?

Thanks

I went from IT to Customer service for domain names and hosting... biggest I ever did... regretted it since

although now im in IT support so it aint too bad... im yet to see what the role is like First day Monday

F5 Smoothies - Refreshing dexta211's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick777 View Post
    I need a job!
    Agreed! I've applied everywhere I can think of. Even the local bed shop neglected to get back to me!

A lot of the places in my area seem to be struggling, constantly hearing about the threat of redundancy. Even Morrisons where my wife works in Head office has started getting the rumours...

I shall keep applying, and try not to let it get me down!
    HTPC / Server : Intel Pentium G620, Asus P8H61-M LX2, 4GB Corsair XMS3, Corsair CX430, 4TB WD Greens.
    Laptop : 13" Macbook Air /Phone : iPhone 5

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dexta211 View Post
    Agreed! I've applied everywhere I can think of. Even the local bed shop neglected to get back to me!

A lot of the places in my area seem to be struggling, constantly hearing about the threat of redundancy. Even Morrisons where my wife works in Head office has started getting the rumours...

Im rooting for you over in worcester !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dexta211 View Post
    ^ Same
    Main Rig: i7 3930K|GTX 660 SLI|32GB DDR3|2x 240GB SSD RAID 0 + 2TB|Gigabyte X79 UD5|850W CM SilentProM|27" Shimian LED-IPS QLITE 1440P|
    Steam Box: Xeon 1230 V2|HD 7850 2GB|16GB DDR3 2133mhz|120GB SSD + 240GB SSD|Gigabyte X68|550W Antec PSU|46" Samsung LED LCD|

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JPCC0992 View Post
    I always feel the JC Staff look down at you
    In my experience the staff at the Jobcentre I had to visit seemed to be able to tell the difference between someone who really wanted to get back to work and someone who really had no intention of working (not like it's hard not to...). The women who I did all my meetings with was genuinely helpful and tried to sort me out with all kinds of stuff (forklift training, CSCS card etc). Even when I did get a start date and wanted to sign off she tried to keep me on for another 2 weeks and kept trying to offer me a voucher to get new work gear (which I declined).

I'm not saying all JC staff are the same, I heard some shocking excuses from people who hadn't brought their job search diary in or hadn't turned up to arranged interviews get completely glossed over by some staff, but there are some out there who do put the effort into helping people get back to work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
    In my experience the staff at the Jobcentre I had to visit seemed to be able to tell the difference between someone who really wanted to get back to work and someone who really had no intention of working (not like it's hard not to...). The women who I did all my meetings with was genuinely helpful and tried to sort me out with all kinds of stuff (forklift training, CSCS card etc). Even when I did get a start date and wanted to sign off she tried to keep me on for another 2 weeks and kept trying to offer me a voucher to get new work gear (which I declined).

I'm not saying all JC staff are the same, I heard some shocking excuses from people who hadn't brought their job search diary in or hadn't turned up to arranged interviews get completely glossed over by some staff, but there are some out there who do put the effort into helping people get back to work.
    Aye my adviser is a good one, not to mention smoking hot.

Thanks

I'm not employed but I am an electrician. Not many good jobs around though.

At the moment I'm a carer for someone so I'm sorta employed as you do 7 hours a day, hardly get any money for it though.
    Main: case: haf-x - cpu: i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz - ram: 8GB G-skill RipjawsX 1600mhz C8 -mobo: asus p8z68 v pro - sony bravia 32" 1920x1080p - noctua nh d14 - gpu: Gigabyte WF GTX 770 OC - ssd: OCZ Vertex 2E 60gb - HDD:2x samsung f3 1tb - psu: corsair AX1200
    2nd PC: i3 530@4ghz: MSi H55-ED55: G-Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz C7: MSi Twin Frozr 3 Hawk 6870 1GB: Corsair A50: Corair TX650W: CoolerMaster Storm Scout: Samsung F3 1TB: Samsung DVD RW

Thanks

Employed for three days a week on a three month rolling contract (min. wage) helping to deliver level 2 maths, english and IT courses (ECDL) mainly to the unemployed (JCP contracts and the like). Started with the company in the warehouse on New Deal a couple of years ago but ended up working in the training department and the company helped me with qualifications (NVQ customer service, PTLLS). Not happy with what I'm doing or the company but it puts fuel in the car and looks better on the constant apprenticeship applications I'm filling in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nevbox View Post
    He he I am self employed (no )
    Me too - interestingly I recently found out you can still get WTC despite being self employed, useful info for some...
    Follow me @twitter

Thanks

I 'may' be employed soon.

A huge training organisation wants me to be their sole training aid man, creating and looking after 5 centres in the UK and 2 in Ireland. He's coming down, possibly this Friday to have a closer look at my gear. But I have no working laptop! And it's in a coffee bar!!!

Ideas? PLEASE? lol.
    Last edited by Bammy; 4 years ago at around teatime.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast