View Poll Results: Do you have a paid Job?? YES or NO

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    112 67.88%
  • NO

    53 32.12%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 258

Thread: Employed or not??

  1. #91
    Former WoW Addict DanielWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 187 Times in 148 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Got my first JSA this week. Felt quite bad to get it. Applied for well over 100 jobs so gonna start setting sites a bit lower!

  2. #92
    Had The Snip Turbo Porridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 404 Times in 336 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielWilliamson View Post
    Got my first JSA this week. Felt quite bad to get it. Applied for well over 100 jobs so gonna start setting sites a bit lower!
    Its one of those feelings that never goes.... Needs must an all that though
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPC View Post
    I'm heavy handed and so like a stiff one



  3. #93
    Former WoW Addict DanielWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 187 Times in 148 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Aye, it's also terrible going to the JC, as last time a chav and his family were kicking off because they stopped his money haha.

  4. #94
    Had The Snip Turbo Porridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 404 Times in 336 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    haha awesome. I always feel the JC Staff look down at you, felt like saying to em, just cos im on JSA dont mean im scum

    Sure you will find something though, I was on JSA for 3 months. They changed me to a weekly sign on yawn.

    I found an agency that would help me though.. might be worth looking into?
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPC View Post
    I'm heavy handed and so like a stiff one



  5. #95
    Former WoW Addict DanielWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 187 Times in 148 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Aye that's the next thing that I am going for. Trying to get back into IT rather than generic customer services and crap like that as I can't stand customers but it's quite hard to get into when you only have one years experience in Soft Dev and no degree JUNIOR ROLES, Y U WANT DEGREES?

  6. #96
    Had The Snip Turbo Porridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 404 Times in 336 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I went from IT to Customer service for domain names and hosting... biggest I ever did... regretted it since

    although now im in IT support so it aint too bad... im yet to see what the role is like First day Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPC View Post
    I'm heavy handed and so like a stiff one



  7. #97
    F5 Smoothies - Refreshing dexta211's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In my house!
    Posts
    531
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomstick777 View Post
    I need a job!
    Agreed! I've applied everywhere I can think of. Even the local bed shop neglected to get back to me!

    A lot of the places in my area seem to be struggling, constantly hearing about the threat of redundancy. Even Morrisons where my wife works in Head office has started getting the rumours...

    I shall keep applying, and try not to let it get me down!
    HTPC / Server : Intel Pentium G620, Asus P8H61-M LX2, 4GB Corsair XMS3, Corsair CX430, 4TB WD Greens.
    Laptop : 13" Macbook Air /Phone : iPhone 5

  8. #98
    Had The Snip Turbo Porridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bromsgrove
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 404 Times in 336 Posts
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexta211 View Post
    Agreed! I've applied everywhere I can think of. Even the local bed shop neglected to get back to me!

    A lot of the places in my area seem to be struggling, constantly hearing about the threat of redundancy. Even Morrisons where my wife works in Head office has started getting the rumours...

    I shall keep applying, and try not to let it get me down!
    Im rooting for you over in worcester !
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomPC View Post
    I'm heavy handed and so like a stiff one



  9. #99
    Boomstick777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,672
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 396 Times in 295 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dexta211 View Post
    I shall keep applying, and try not to let it get me down!
    ^ Same
    Main Rig: i7 3930K|GTX 660 SLI|32GB DDR3|2x 240GB SSD RAID 0 + 2TB|Gigabyte X79 UD5|850W CM SilentProM|27" Shimian LED-IPS QLITE 1440P|
    Steam Box: Xeon 1230 V2|HD 7850 2GB|16GB DDR3 2133mhz|120GB SSD + 240GB SSD|Gigabyte X68|550W Antec PSU|46" Samsung LED LCD|



  10. #100
    Day One DLC Joey Propane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,880
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 429 Times in 305 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPCC0992 View Post
    I always feel the JC Staff look down at you
    In my experience the staff at the Jobcentre I had to visit seemed to be able to tell the difference between someone who really wanted to get back to work and someone who really had no intention of working (not like it's hard not to...). The women who I did all my meetings with was genuinely helpful and tried to sort me out with all kinds of stuff (forklift training, CSCS card etc). Even when I did get a start date and wanted to sign off she tried to keep me on for another 2 weeks and kept trying to offer me a voucher to get new work gear (which I declined).

    I'm not saying all JC staff are the same, I heard some shocking excuses from people who hadn't brought their job search diary in or hadn't turned up to arranged interviews get completely glossed over by some staff, but there are some out there who do put the effort into helping people get back to work.

  11. #101
    Former WoW Addict DanielWilliamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,549
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 187 Times in 148 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
    In my experience the staff at the Jobcentre I had to visit seemed to be able to tell the difference between someone who really wanted to get back to work and someone who really had no intention of working (not like it's hard not to...). The women who I did all my meetings with was genuinely helpful and tried to sort me out with all kinds of stuff (forklift training, CSCS card etc). Even when I did get a start date and wanted to sign off she tried to keep me on for another 2 weeks and kept trying to offer me a voucher to get new work gear (which I declined).

    I'm not saying all JC staff are the same, I heard some shocking excuses from people who hadn't brought their job search diary in or hadn't turned up to arranged interviews get completely glossed over by some staff, but there are some out there who do put the effort into helping people get back to work.
    Aye my adviser is a good one, not to mention smoking hot.

  12. #102
    Boingdingereye redrooster303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    pontefract, west yorkshire
    Posts
    2,105
    Thanks
    639
    Thanked 135 Times in 114 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    I'm not employed but I am an electrician. Not many good jobs around though.

    At the moment I'm a carer for someone so I'm sorta employed as you do 7 hours a day, hardly get any money for it though.
    Main: case: haf-x - cpu: i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz - ram: 8GB G-skill RipjawsX 1600mhz C8 -mobo: asus p8z68 v pro - sony bravia 32" 1920x1080p - noctua nh d14 - gpu: Gigabyte WF GTX 770 OC - ssd: OCZ Vertex 2E 60gb - HDD:2x samsung f3 1tb - psu: corsair AX1200
    2nd PC: i3 530@4ghz: MSi H55-ED55: G-Skill Ripjaws 1600mhz C7: MSi Twin Frozr 3 Hawk 6870 1GB: Corsair A50: Corair TX650W: CoolerMaster Storm Scout: Samsung F3 1TB: Samsung DVD RW

  13. #103
    Anthgaskell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Employed for three days a week on a three month rolling contract (min. wage) helping to deliver level 2 maths, english and IT courses (ECDL) mainly to the unemployed (JCP contracts and the like). Started with the company in the warehouse on New Deal a couple of years ago but ended up working in the training department and the company helped me with qualifications (NVQ customer service, PTLLS). Not happy with what I'm doing or the company but it puts fuel in the car and looks better on the constant apprenticeship applications I'm filling in.

  14. #104

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevbox View Post
    He he I am self employed (no )
    Me too - interestingly I recently found out you can still get WTC despite being self employed, useful info for some...
    Follow me @twitter

  15. #105
    The Original Bammster Bammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    192.168.0.4
    Posts
    2,239
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 718 Times in 457 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I 'may' be employed soon.

    A huge training organisation wants me to be their sole training aid man, creating and looking after 5 centres in the UK and 2 in Ireland. He's coming down, possibly this Friday to have a closer look at my gear. But I have no working laptop! And it's in a coffee bar!!!

    Ideas? PLEASE? lol.
    Last edited by Bammy; 4 years ago at around teatime.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •