Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Merging EA Origin Accounts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 790 Posts

Default Merging EA Origin Accounts

I have to vent about this nightmare I had today with EA chat support.

I simply needed two games from my old hotmail account moving to my new gmail account. Both accounts had games on and I wanted to consolidate.

It took me almost two hours to get what I wanted after being constantly told it wasn't possible by their incompetent tier 1 support I got through to tier 2 and as if by magic everything was sorted!

Transcript below. I have stripped out what I deem to be personal info.

Tier1: Ref: #########
    Tier1: Hi, my name is EA. How may I help you?
    Tier1: Hi,How may i help you today?
    User:: I need to merge my 2 origin accounts
    Tier1: Sorry to inform you but it is not possible.
    Tier1: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    User: I've read on your forums that it is
    User: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6686291.page
    Tier1: Sorry to inform you but go on our official forum.
    User: One of your forum admins says it is doable if you have they keys
    User: forum.ea.com is official
    Tier1: No,it is not possible.
    User: please escalate this to someone who can help m,e
    Tier1: This is not possible because some one is post there this information.But its not provided from our side.
    User: I'd like you to escalate this to someone who can help me
    Tier1: There is no one in tier 2.I am telling you the exact situation.Please try to understand this is not possible to merge account.
    User: I'd like confirmation from someone senior that it is not technically possible. I see no reason why it is not possible to move all my games into one account.
    Tier1: I am confirming you sir this is our chat incident number i am giving you #########.If i gave you the wrong information.You can complain.
    User: where do I send my complaint? I am not satisfied with this.
    Tier1: Whenever you saw that there are information or anyone has merge his account.Then you can complain.
    User: no i want to complain that I cannot merge. I think it is unreasonable.
    Tier1: I forward your issue to our development team.They will see the matter.Now is that ok with you.
    User: Do you have a reference for that?
    Tier1: No.
    User: SO how do I follow up on this issue?
    Tier1: If,They feel the issue is reasonable.They will contact you via email.
    User: please compy me into the email you send them. I want to make sure my concerns have been forwarded correctly.
    User: copy*
    User: I would also like to send them an email myself. Where can I do this?
    Tier1: Actually there is the way to transfer your issue directly and if you want to send the mail please go on our forum.
    User: Please tell me how to do this.
    Tier1: Go on support.Ea.com,There is the option contact us there you found other tow option contact us via chat or email selet you want and post your issue.
    User: So you're telling me to post a topic about this on your forums?
    Tier1: Yes.
    User: I thought you said that wasn't reliable? It's where I went in the firstplace to find out if I could merge.
    Tier1: There is the option contact us there you found other tow option contact us via chat or email ,Please select email.
    User: Ok. Have you also forwarded my issue to your development team?
    Tier1: Yes,After you disconnect the chat.I am forwarding your issue to our department.
    Tier1: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    User: Yes. Is it possible to change my Origin username?
    Tier1: Yes.
    User: Great. I need to transfer the username of one account to the other.
    Tier1: Sorry but you cant move the name in another account.I can only change your display name.
    User: oh, can you change the display name of my other account and then change it on this one?
    User: I want this account to have display name "Nifty1" but my other account has it
    Tier1:
    Could you please be more specific that what you exactly want?
    User: this account has display name Nifty_gmail. I want to change that to Nifty1, but my other account has that name.
    Tier1: Sorry to inform you but this is also not possible for me.
    User: All you have to do is change the name on my second account and then change it on this one. I can provide all the details for my other account to prove it is mine.
    Tier1: There is no possibility that one display name has different account.
    User: I don't understand that sentence. Please rephrase.
    Tier1: What you want is your first account display name also display in your second account right?
    User: no
    User: Their names will be different
    User: but I want this account to have the name of the second, and change the name of the second.
    Tier1: That is i am telling you that choose another name there is no possibility to make same name in both account.
    User: no their names won't be the same at any point
    User: I want the account User@gmail.com to have the display name Nifty1. And I want the account user@hotmail.com to be niftyOld
    Tier1: Ok.This is possibel.
    User: This will help me keep track of which account has which games because I can't merge.
    User: Ok great. What do you need from me to make it happen?
    Tier1: User This is your account and you want display name isNifty1 right.
    User: Correct
    Tier1: I check but there is already your display name is Nifty1.
    User: when I log into origin as User@gmail.com my display name is Nifty1
    User: when I log in as user@hotmail.com my display name is Nifty_gmail - I want this changed to niftyOld THEN User@gmail.com changed to Nifty1
    Tier1: Sorry, I try but its already exist. Please select another name for that.
    User: niftyOld is taken?
    Tier1: In anothere account or in this account i check for you.
    Tier1: Another.
    User: ok what about niftyOld1
    Tier1: Due to the nature of the issue, I’ll need to forward the matter for further review. Meanwhile, we thank you for your continued patience.I am sending you to our senior.Please stay online.
    User: thanks
    EA has disconnected.
    Tier2: Hi, my name is Tier2. How may I help you?
    Tier2: One moment please, while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today and the troubleshooting steps that have already been done. Please take note of the following Chat ID: [********].
    Tier2: So you are requesting to change the master id on these 2 account's correct?
    User: I want to change the usernames of these accounts as i've been told i can't merge them
    User: i would like to change the username of user@hotmail.com to niftyOld1 and then change the username of User@gmail.com to nifty1
    Tier2: I can change the Master ID's as long as you verify the accounts for me.
    User: I am willing
    Tier2: Please provide me with email address associated with both your EA account.
    User: the first is user@hotmail.com
    User: and the second is User@gmail.com
    Tier2: One moment while I review this account.
    User: ok thanks
    Tier2: So you would like the gmail account to show Alexniffy correct and vise versa
    User: i would like user@hotmail.com to show niftyOld1
    User: i would like the gmail account to show nifty1
    Tier2: I'm showing the master id on gmail is Nifty_Gmail correct
    User: correct
    User: i would like it to show Nifty1
    Tier2: Done with the gmail account.
    User: thank you
    Tier2: Sec to adjust the other.
    Tier2: Go ahead and login to both account make sure my adjustments show up properly
    User: just a sec
    Tier2: Sure thing,
    Tier2: Everything in the order you requested now?
    User: that's fine
    Tier2: Anything else I can assist you with today?
    User: unless you can transfer games between accounts?
    User: I would lik every much for all my games ot be on my Nifty1 account
    User: very much*
    Tier2: You would lose all your stat's etc I can't transfer the serial key I would have to disable and reissue the games.
    Tier2: How many games we talking.
    User: just two, and I have the keys
    Tier2: Which games? from what account so I can look
    User: the user@hotmail.com account, Battlefield 2142 and Command and Conquer 4
    Tier2: Ok I will be able to disable and reissue the game but you will lose your stat'
    Tier2: stat's is that ok?
    Tier2: You will have to start over on these 2 games.
    User: I can deal with that
    Tier2: Sounds good,
    Tier2: Give me moment to adjust them.
    User: thanks
    Tier2: Go ahead and check your account for me on the Origin Client.
    User: ok, one minute
    User: Tier2, that is excellent! Thank you so much. It's taken me an hour and fifty minutes to get to what I originally wanted so thank you for this. Teir1 Ref: ####### told me it wasn't possible!
    Tier2: The tier 1 agents don't have the powers I have.
    Tier2: I'm glad I could clear this up for you.
    User: i asked to be escalated and he refused
    Tier2: You will receive a survey via email from me. Please take time out of your day to rate my customer service skills.
    Tier2: They should never refuse to escalate a customer.
    User: he flatly refused
    Tier2: I'm sorry that agent didn't provide a good service for you.
    User: I will be putting all this in my feedback. You have provided excellent service, it's a shame I had to go through all this to get to you
    Tier2: But you will get a survey from me. Please take time out of your day to rate my customer service skills.
    Tier2: Just remember the survey is for me not the other agents.
    User: I certainly will. You did an excellent job.
    Tier2: Anything else I can assist you with today?
    Tier2: Thank you, very much. I understand how frustrating its is have 2 accounts with games on them
    Tier2: Much easier to just have one account.
    User: Well the only thing is can you send some feedback to your development team to say that I think there should be a streamlined system for this? And that your tier 1 operatives should be forwarding these requests up the chain?
    User: i cna put all this in my feedback also.
    Tier2: On the end of the survey you can fill out anything you would like us to review.
    User: Ok that sounds good. Again thankyou for your help. One happy customer (finally).
    Tier2: Your very welcome, enjoy the rest of your day.
    User: It's friday. Gonna get down...
    Tier2: Oh I will be when I get off lol.
    User: Haha nice one. Thanks. Bye.
    Tier2: bye
    You have disconnected.
    Last edited by Nifty; 23-09-11 at 17:21.

Aria Steam Group
    Q9500@4GHz : ASUS P5Q-E : 4GB OCZ Blade : ASUS 6950 DirectCUII@6970 : CorsairHX 750W Mod : BitFenix Shinobi XL
    Canon EOS 350D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nifty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So it is possible to consolidate two EA accounts!

Although I doubt it would worth my trouble to get Burnout Paradise into my proper EA account.....
    i7 2700k \ 16GB \ gtx580 \ D2x \ z68x-UD5 \ m4 128GB +2TB \ Ax850 \ FT02-RW \ G15+G5+G51 \ U2711
    X100 \ 5D mkII \ 70-200 L \ 24-105 L \ 17-40 L \ 85/1.8 \ 270ExII \ 430ExII \ X1.1a \ Hadley Pro -- Photostreamr

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
    So it is possible to consolidate two EA accounts!

Although I doubt it would worth my trouble to get Burnout Paradise into my proper EA account.....
    It is absolutely possible. They can do it in 5 minutes. The tier 2 asked how many games so I think if I had dozens then he would have refused.

You just have to be massively persistent and not take no for an answer.

Getting myself escalated by asking for my name to be changed was what got me through. That and sheer determination! I think I managed to break the teir1 guy in the end and he sent me up so I was off his case.

Aria Steam Group
    Q9500@4GHz : ASUS P5Q-E : 4GB OCZ Blade : ASUS 6950 DirectCUII@6970 : CorsairHX 750W Mod : BitFenix Shinobi XL
    Canon EOS 350D

Thanks

User: It's friday. Gonna get down...

rofl i am amused.
    5GHZ!

we are one.

Thanks

Thats better CS than i would have expected from past experience with EA tbh!!

Thanks

My first attempt

Hi, my name is Abhishek. How may I help you?
    Bry: hi mate I have multiple EA accounts with different games on and I would like to keep all my games on a single account, can you help me please?
    Abhishek: I am sorry to inform you that once the game is register with an account then there is no way to transfer the game from one account to another account.
    Bry: I believe there is as I have seen a thread where it was done by a tier2 operator
    Bry: What I want to do is merge all my accounts into a single one
    Abhishek: No there is no option to merge the account.
    Bry: mate I have seen a thread where it was done for someone by a tier2 operator
    Abhishek: I am sorry there is no option available for that.
    Bry: put me through to a tier2 operator then please
    Bry: I want all my games on 1 account so that they all show in origin
    Abhishek: As I already suggest to you that there is no option to do that.
    Bry: there is
    Bry: I have read a thread where it was done for someone
    Bry: please put me through to tier2
    Bry: you say that, I would like to speak to a tier2 op, put me onto one please
    Bry: stop repeating the same thing and put me through to a tier2 operator
    Abhishek: As I already suggest to you that it is not possible and we are unable to send you tier 2 support.
    Bry: I am not getting the answers I require from yourself(tier1) so I wish to speak to tier2
    Bry: please put me through
    Abhishek: I am sorry that is not possible right now.
    Bry: and why is that?
    Abhishek: Due to the heavy traffic on the tier 2 support the lines are closed.
    Bry: as I said you are not answering my questions, you are avoiding them, I know it is possible to merge accounts and I want to speak to a tier2 op about it
    Abhishek: So we are unable to fulfill your request.
    Bry: stop with the bull
    Bry: put me through to tier2
    Abhishek: As I suggest to you that the is no option to merge the accounts.
    Bry: you clearly cant deal with my request so put me onto tier2 and I will deal with them
    Bry: and I have seen people that have had accounts merged
    Abhishek: Again, I do apologize, but I will not be able to do what you are requesting. If you do not have any other issues that I can assist you with that are NOT related, than I will have to disconnect this chat
    Bry: put me on to tier2 or I will be reporting this chat session directly to EA
    Abhishek: Due to the fact that you are continually requesting something that I have informed you is not possible, I will be disconnecting this chat at this time. Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.
    Bry: I am asking for something thast is possible and you know it is but you cant do it so put me onto tier2
    I was then disconnected :/

Tried again and I am now waiting for senior support

Bry.
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H | i5 3570K| 16GB Mushkin Blackline | EVGA 580GTX

Thanks
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,163 Posts

Someone could do with working on their people skills.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heavywater View Post
    Someone could do with working on their people skills.
    I am very short tempered and dont take kindly to lies and general BS

Bry.

Thanks

I've been wanting to do this for a while and I've not managed to get myself psyched up for it. The chatlogs are great!

Thanks

I am now on my second long wait for a senior support op, first time I got to 1st in the queue and was then discinnected

Bry.

Thanks

hahaha this thread is win.
    5GHZ!

we are one.

Thanks

Success!!!!

Tier1 again!!

Hitesh: Hi, my name is Hitesh. How may I help you?
    Bry: hi mate I was queued top speak to a senior support about account mergers and I was disconnected, can you reconnect me please?
    Hitesh: I would love to help you out however merging of account is not possible .
    Bry: It is mate and only tier2 can do it
    Bry: take a look at this thread
    Bry: http://forums.aria.co.uk/showpost.ph...53&postcount=1
    Bry: as I said I was queued to speak to a senior support op when it was disconnected
    Hitesh: What I can do for you I can escalate your issue to higher chat support level may be they can help you out with this issue.
    Bry: that would be great mate
    Bry: thankyou
    Hitesh has disconnected.
    About as much use as a chocoloate fireguard

Tier2

Kat T.: Hi, my name is Kat T.. How may I help you?
    Kat T.: Hello! Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log. I do not want to waste any of your time by repeating trouble shooting steps. : )
    Bryan France: hi
    Kat T.: Today you are wanting all of your games moved to one account? Please note this is something we usually do not do, unless it is for a technical reason. Please also note your chat Id for today of xxxxxxx.
    Bry: Hi kat, that is correct, I have 3 EA accounts with different games on, what I would like is for all my games to be on a single account, so that I can see them all on 1 origin login
    Kat T.: I can do this for today, but note this will not be something we can do again, unless you're having a technical issue.
    Kat T.: Please also note any games moved will lose stats.
    Bry: that will be fine, off the top of my head I think I know which games are on which email/account
    Kat T.: What are the different emails for the accounts, and the date of birth on the accounts?
    Bry: emails
    Bry: DOB
    Kat T.: Thank you very much, please give me few minutes to review the information.
    Bry: ok thanks
    Kat T.: My pleasure.
    Kat T.: Please give me one more moment
    Bryan France: no problem Kat
    Kat T.: Thanks!
    Kat T.: Ok I see Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box on 2 accounts, I was going to need to issue you a new code for the games to put them on the account. Which is the main email you want for the accounts, also the pre sell code for battlefield 3 may be harder to access , so I would try to put them on that account, then update the email to what you desired?
    Bryan France: ok so you suggest putting all the games onto the account that BF3 is on now yes?
    Kat T.: Yes, that is correct, and you can have what ever email you would like even if it is on another account I can edit the account information to make it work.
    Kat T.: What email would you like ?
    Bry: and I will use the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx email please
    Kat T.: Ok, great, give me a few minutes to make the changes.
    Bry: thanks
    Kat T.: I want to ensure all goes through for you.
    Kat T.: It's my pleasure.
    Kat T.: I will be needing one more moment.
    Bry: not a problem Kat
    Kat T.: Thank you very much!
    Bry:
    Kat T.: Ok great, please give me a moment to update the email information.
    Bry: ok
    Kat T.: Please check your email for a password then log into the Origin under the desired email and let me know if you can see my changes?
    Bry: ok give me a few seconds please
    Kat T.: Ok.
    Bry: OK I see BF3 BC2 and Burnout Paradise in origin now
    Kat T.: Yes those were the only digital games I could locate, am I missing any?
    Bry: Nope I think thats it, I have BF2 on disc, is there anyway to get it through origin or can I only install it off the disc?
    Kat T.: Could I get your cd Key?
    Bry: yeh sure
    Bry: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Kat T.: Please give me a few moments.
    Bry: THANKS
    Kat T.: I will be able to entitle it, I may need to use a new code also, one moment.
    Bry: Brilliant thanks Kat
    Kat T.: My pleasure!
    Bry: Sorry to be a pain but I have just dug out another couple of EA games on disc aswell, any chance these could get added to origin aswell
    Kat T.: I can definitely see if I can it will take a little longer.
    Bry: if you could that would be great kat, may aswell keep them all in 1 place
    Kat T.: The code would not entitle I am having to do a different code.
    Bry: ok thanks
    Kat T.: This will take a little bit longer due to having to update your account, to entitle an older game title.
    Bry: ok
    Kat T.: Thank you very much for your patience today.
    Bry: thankyou hugely for all the help
    Kat T.: It's my pleasure.
    Bry: the other 2 games are crysis and tiger woods pga tour 07 - I have read that games from before 2009 cant be added to origin?
    Kat T.: Yes, they give an error, I can locate crysis I know. 07 Tiger may be more difficult.
    Bry: if they will cause problems it may be better to just leave those 2 off
    Kat T.: Crysis I know I can do.
    Bry: ok lets do crysis and leave tiger woods off
    Kat T.: Could I get your Crysis code?
    Bry: yep
    Bry: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Kat T.: Thank you very much.
    Kat T.: Please give me one more moment.
    Bry: thanks
    Kat T.: I have entitled Battlefield and Crysis . Battlefield is the complete collection. Digital files and physical installed files will not mix.
    Bry: ok great cheers kat
    Kat T.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
    Bry: I think thats all kat, cheers for all the help, you have been an absolute diamond I take it Battlefield and Crysis should be showing in Origin?
    Kat T.: Please confirm you can see them?
    Bry: Yep BF and Crysis are now there along with BF3 BC2 and Burnout
    Kat T.: Fanatastic, thanks for contacting EA, and chatting with me today.
    Bry: Thankyou again Kat, fantastic customer service and cheers for all the help
    Kat T.: It's my pleasure, please fill out my survey I would love that!
    Bry: I certainly will do
    Bry: thanks Kat and have a nice day/evening
    Kat T.: Thanks I'll try.
    Bry: Bye
    Kat T.: Bye bye
    You have disconnected.
    Kat was a pleasure to deal with and sorted everything out smoothly and efficently and to top it off when my BF2 was added to Origin I ended up with the complete collection

Bry.

Thanks

I dont have multiple EA accounts but I might have some fun with tier1 anyways...

Thanks

Glad more people are having success!

Once you get escalated the Tier 2 chaps are very helpful indeed. Tier 1's function appears to be to fob you off. They only seem to put the persistent people through to tier 2.

Basically just keep trying, keep cool and don't lose your rag.

Aria Steam Group
    Canon EOS 350D

Thanks

Strange?

I asked EA to link my accounts several months ago.

Didn't take any messing, it really was:

Can you merge my accounts?
    *Verification*
    Sure, just one moment.
    *Few mins later*
    That's sorted for you sir.

Was really easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast