View Poll Results: Best PSU brands? (Pick THREE Only)

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corsair

163 58.63%
  • Antec

53 19.06%
  • BeQuiet!

48 17.27%
  • OCZ

68 24.46%
  • Enermax

38 13.67%
  • Coolermaster

31 11.15%
  • Seasonic

90 32.37%
  • Silverstone

16 5.76%
  • Tagan

5 1.80%
  • XFX

26 9.35%
  • FSP

1 0.36%
  • Fractal Design

1 0.36%
  • Zalman

6 2.16%
  • NZXT

9 3.24%
  • Powercool

2 0.72%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: What is your best PSU brand?

Thanks

It looks like corsair is a leader of the PSU. I have an experience with a reclaim for this brand. It wasn't too bad, I get a new one in the very well sealed package. But one bad thing is the cost to send it to Netherland for 22.00 that's question me should Corsair pay or cover it? But over all I satisfy with it.

Thanks

Indeed, they need a UK RMA centre to be a perfect PSU brand, but pretty good regardless. Ultimately cheaper to send it back to the retailer.
    i7 3770K + Phanteks PH-TC14PE Black | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Vengeance LP Arctic White | GTX670 4GB | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | BeQuiet 850W PSU | Silverstone RV02-E White | Dell U3011 30" |

Thanks

Currently use Coolermaster

but also have Corsair/OCZ/Be quiet around in different builds in the house

must say all 4 are solid as a rock!

Thanks

I have had some of the apparent best PSU's from PC Power and Cooling (the 1200W model) and two of them went bang for whatever reason. Hats off to the RMA department but I wouldn't buy again.

I currently have two AX1200's that I use for both of my main rigs and I wouldn't swap them out for the world. Fantastic units and very good for the money. I only wish they had made a 1500W model as 3 3Gb 580's with no overclock, water cooling, overclocked i7 @ 4.65Ghz and a few drives etc, managed to hit 1000W pulled from the mains plug without an issue and for me if I wanted to overclock them I'd need a bigger unit!! I don't really want to buy one, but if needs be I might consider an Enermax or if I can find a big enough unit, Seasonic

About the only few ones I'd ever use to be honest

Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaff90110 View Post
    It looks like corsair is a leader of the PSU. I have an experience with a reclaim for this brand. It wasn't too bad, I get a new one in the very well sealed package. But one bad thing is the cost to send it to Netherland for 22.00 that's question me should Corsair pay or cover it? But over all I satisfy with it.
    Most other brand's are the same though, and tbh its not that expensive .
    CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar HDAV|Speakers:Sony STR-DN850+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|

Thanks

I have been using Seasonics for about 20+ years and it was the reason why I got on board with corsair when they started out in the psu range, I have two HX620's still running fine from that first batch in to the UK.
    The new Corsair Vengeance range has had some really good reviews.

Now they use CWT as well, not a brand to be dismissed.

Super Flower Leadex make some really good units.

The problem is the list you have is mostly re-brands of other units and some/most brands go to a good company and ask for an old style or down grade a range and have their name put on the unit.
    Yes some XYZ might source a good brand but they ask them to down grade/rate the caps and cables among other things.

IMO a good quality PSU is the base of a good build, nothing makes stuff last like a nice stable low ripple supply, I cant count the amount of times I have fixed a rebooting or crashing box with nothing more than a good solid power supply.

http://www.orionpsudb.com/
    is a good place to look, and if you dont read jonnyGuru your missing out.
    ASUS A7N8X nForce 2 AMD Tbred 2GB G.Skill EL Plats Radeon 9550 Seasonic S12 200GB x4 WD 74 GB Win2000/Slackware
    LG GSA-4167B LiteOn SHM-165P6S Optiarc DVDRW AD-5170A

DFI LP RDX200 CF-DR Athlon 4200x2 (LDBFE) Zalman CNPS9500 2 GB G.SKILL HZ's x1650XT 24Pipe Raptor 150GB
    1TB Hitachi DS x4 320GB Hitachi DS x2 Corsair HX 620 in Eclipse 62 LG GSA H42N Lite0n SOHW-832S NEC ND-3550A Optiarc DVD AD-7200A

also RioWorks Dual CPU AMD Opty Swervers, E4500 C2D & nF4 SLI-D 185 opty all via KVM's

Thanks

Interesting that Corsair get so many votes. In my experience they are rubbish or overpriced. Hard to judge on brand though as brands can have a huge difference in quality between their budget and pro lines, often even using different manufacturers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,922 Times in 2,305 Posts

7 years ago they was the one!

today it is all about superflower and evga imo
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

9. The Following User Says Thank You to luke22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 790 Posts

If we are being a thread necro
    http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread....t=power+supply

a little out dated, but I doubt much has changed.

@mangomonkey,
    regarding Corsair, they are certainly bumping up the price in regards to premium quality, but they are still on top of the game. It is service too. I would agree with the above about superflower, but you have to be wary of warranty with them. EVGA are also a top brand to be looking out for in regards to PSUs lately.

Brands are important to be aware of, especially PSUs. Sure, there are great power supplies from many different manufacturers and OEMs though for the face value and convenience, Warranty and after service is incredibly important.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mangomonkey View Post
    Interesting that Corsair get so many votes. In my experience they are rubbish or overpriced. Hard to judge on brand though as brands can have a huge difference in quality between their budget and pro lines, often even using different manufacturers.
    With Corsair it really depends on what "grade" of power supply you get, I am a little out of touch but they used to normally have 4 different grades, CX, TX, HX and AX (there are other variations also like the AXi etc) - but anyway, the lower grades of the Corsair power supplies have popped up in threads here and there over the years for failing, particularly the CX range. Where are the higher end ones HX and AX for example, are pretty highly regarded.

I have a HX850 myself which is probably about 6 years old and gets a lot of use and it still fine (and possibly still within warranty) as these ship with 7 years.
    If you really really really really love me. You'd never make me hang out with your family. Your mum sucks and your dad really hates me. When I try to borrow money he berates me. Somehow he thinks that I'm too old for you, 'cause you're nineteen and I'm fifty two.

Thanks

ax are good, but overpriced compared to others of the same quality.

i have an old hx from when they were great too, but they have slide since from the reports online
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luke22 View Post
    ax are good, but overpriced compared to others of the same quality.

i have an old hx from when they were great too, but they have slide since from the reports online
    Actually I think Corsair have done this a lot, release models being A* then they revise them down a little to save. I think they do it to their memory chips too, opting for cheaper chips in their dominator line as processes improve. They have done this for as long as I can remember actually.

Thanks

they was the 1st i knew of doing that. 1st batch of a product would be epic then once the reviews gave them praise they would switch up to a new revision with the same specs but lesser hardware.

ddr2 days they would ship the 1st batch with handpicked d9s and then swap them out for cheap hynix ic or alike....

i know others have done the same trick since with ram, ssd and other items

that being said, reviewers getting cherry picked items aint news either :s
    Plato

15. The Following User Says Thank You to luke22 For This Useful Post:

Transatlantic Dutchman TheMadDutchDude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 924 Posts

Corsair has lost me as a customer. I now use EVGA units and only EVGA units in my three rigs here. Beautiful quality, and even with 700w being drawn at the wall on an 850w unit, they are barely warmer than room temp. Awesome stuff!!

I know that the 1kW unit in my rig is total overkill, but it came from a miner and my very good friend sorted it for me.

The RAM in my rig was provided for a review test bench, I wouldn't personally buy it.
    Last edited by TheMadDutchDude; 1 Week Ago at 04:02.
    Gamer: ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX 480 8GB | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Win 10 Home | Dell U2417H @ 75Hz | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920
    Ultrabook: ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112