I thought I'd start up this topic as a place for anyone to let off steam if they need it. Basically just tell us all about what's annoyed you today!
I am constantly moaning about how people simply don't know how to drive here, and today really took the biscuit:
- A lorry, heading i nthe opposite direction to me, decides to overtake a cyclist just as I am passing. Normally I wouldn't kick up a fuss about that, but it was just the fact that it was on a staggered crossroad, on a blind S bend, where there was traffic waiting to pull out in both sides of the crossroad.
- Driving down a relatively quiet road with cars parked either side. A lorry and a little car are in front of me. The lorry heads up the road with no problems at all. The little car stops just before the parked cars, wondering if they can fit through.
- Yesterday, the neighbours over the road double-parked opposite my car. Fortunately, it rained just beforehand, so it was possible to prove that their car was not there when it rained due to the fact that the road was all wet, but there was a dry patch under mine.
- The Give Way line at a junction is where you stop, not the centre line of the road with right-of-way.
- A while back, I had to stop for two mobility scooters. You get that an awful lot around here. Four wheels does not mean it's road legal. A tax disc and numberplate means it's legal! Also, the centre of the road is not a good place to sit and gossip to each other.
I've got more, but have to go now. *switches angry dome lock to "Vacant"*