Page 219 of 219 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219
Results 3,271 to 3,283 of 3283

Thread: what film or films have you watched in the last 24 hours

  1. #3271
    🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 cold fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Mushroom Kingdom with Princess Peach
    Posts
    8,447
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 946 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I like big orchestral soundtracks. The compositions of John Williams, for example is as much a work of art as the cinematography he is accompanying.

    I might not be much of a fan of Star Wars but opening scene where Vader and his fleet are revealed, with The Imperial March playing in the background, is one of the most iconic sci-fi scenes in cinema history:



    Even as a solo piece, the Imperial March has been covered, remixed and replayed millions of times. It's a true masterpiece composition.

    However some might argue that Star Wars is old and the formula over played in the years since. Perhaps, but Harry Potter's soundtrack, while less iconic, is equally special. It takes the fantasy of the movie and elevates it to another level entirely. It add suspense, mystery, and magic to the franchise.

    Last edited by cold fusion; 6 Days Ago at 09:15.

  2. #3272
    SCARY !!! I3R0K3N7FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,869
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 782 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    It isnt about the type of music, but the abuse, and misuse of it. Some movies have music that is in your face start to finish with no remorse, older movies understood this, lately most hollywood movies have an interchangeable OST with no love or care.

  3. #3273
    🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 cold fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Mushroom Kingdom with Princess Peach
    Posts
    8,447
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 946 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
    It isnt about the type of music, but the abuse, and misuse of it. Some movies have music that is in your face start to finish with no remorse, older movies understood this, lately most hollywood movies have an interchangeable OST with no love or care.
    That's because most Hollywood movies are just interchangeable money spinners with no love nor care for the art. It's like complaining that most takeaways have no love nor care for gourmet cuisine. You're asking for a refined personalised product from a business specialising in mass-producing produced at an industrial scale.

    I used to moan like you did about movies but then I realised that if I wanted fine dining then I shouldn't be buying fast food. Since then my movie diet has become greatly more selective and I've since found that I now enjoy the occasional consumption of junk as a naughty treat.
    Last edited by cold fusion; 6 Days Ago at 17:35.

  4. #3274
    🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 cold fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Mushroom Kingdom with Princess Peach
    Posts
    8,447
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 946 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cold fusion View Post
    That's because most Hollywood movies are just interchangeable money spinners with no love nor care for the art. It's like complaining that most takeaways have no love nor care for gourmet cuisine. You're asking for a refined personalised product from a business specialising in mass-producing produced at an industrial scale.

    I used to moan like you did about movies but then I realised that if I wanted fine dining then I shouldn't be buying fast food. Since then my movie diet has become greatly more selective and I've since found that I now enjoy the occasional consumption of junk as a naughty treat.
    I actually have no idea what i was on about in this post. Reading it back makes me wonder if I was drunk earlier today

  5. #3275
    SCARY !!! I3R0K3N7FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,869
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 782 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cold fusion View Post
    I actually have no idea what i was on about in this post. Reading it back makes me wonder if I was drunk earlier today
    Maybe, but I am allowed to complain about the quality of entertainment, especially if it is no longer entertaining. It isn't about personalised products, but legitimate criticisms of low quality, unpalatable movies coming out of hollywood. Everyone has their own selective preference, but if your preference is constantly being shat on by poor production, one should be able to understand why it is becoming tiresome and loathesome.

  6. #3276
    Moonchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East Manchester
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 346 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I think what you were getting at was you need to see a stinker every now and then to keep your perspective on what is good or not?

  7. #3277
    🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 cold fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Mushroom Kingdom with Princess Peach
    Posts
    8,447
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 946 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
    Maybe, but I am allowed to complain about the quality of entertainment, especially if it is no longer entertaining. It isn't about personalised products, but legitimate criticisms of low quality, unpalatable movies coming out of hollywood. Everyone has their own selective preference, but if your preference is constantly being shat on by poor production, one should be able to understand why it is becoming tiresome and loathesome.
    But since you constantly moan about the movies you're watching then clearly the stuff you're watching is not your preference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchester View Post
    I think what you were getting at was you need to see a stinker every now and then to keep your perspective on what is good or not?
    I think what I meant to say was "vote with your wallet. If you don't like the trash getting released then don't support the industry by watching it". But i did drift into your point as well.

  8. #3278
    SCARY !!! I3R0K3N7FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,869
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 782 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cold fusion View Post
    But since you constantly moan about the movies you're watching then clearly the stuff you're watching is not your preference.

    I think what I meant to say was "vote with your wallet. If you don't like the trash getting released then don't support the industry by watching it". But i did drift into your point as well.
    Constantly moan...

    Are you bored? I understand your point, but do you need to be abrasive about it?

    Anyway, sure, I agree.

    Just finished watching Ironfist on Netflix. not sure I actually enjoyed it ... 5/10

  9. #3279
    🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 🍄 cold fusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Mushroom Kingdom with Princess Peach
    Posts
    8,447
    Thanks
    1,704
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 946 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
    Constantly moan...

    Are you bored? I understand your point, but do you need to be abrasive about it?

    Anyway, sure, I agree.
    I didn't think that sounded abrasive tbh, but sorry all the same .

    Just out of interest, how would you prefer your rants be described?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cold fusion For This Useful Post:


  11. #3280
    SCARY !!! I3R0K3N7FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,869
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 782 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cold fusion View Post
    I didn't think that sounded abrasive tbh, but sorry all the same .

    Just out of interest, how would you prefer your rants be described?
    fair point. XD

    im just here to give feedback on the latest movies/things i have seen recently, its all subjective. Different things annoy me more than it will others and I don't only watch movies that are to my taste as I often watch movies with others.

  12. #3281
    Moonchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East Manchester
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 346 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    what was the last movie you properly enjoyed then?

  13. #3282
    SCARY !!! I3R0K3N7FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,869
    Thanks
    2,324
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 782 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I3R0K3N7FEET View Post
    The art of steal - Watched this because kurt russell was in it, wasn't disappointed. perfect blend of witty lines, good acting and solid plot. 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchester View Post
    what was the last movie you properly enjoyed then?
    Recently? ^^

  14. #3283
    Moonchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    East Manchester
    Posts
    2,218
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 346 Times in 265 Posts
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    never heard of that one...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •