Thread: New Build Advice

Thanks

Default New Build Advice

Got my old PC from here and been very happy with it, so figured where better to get a new one Looking for some advice to make sure I'm making the correct choices regarding components.

Here's my wishlist - https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/TNEKmPwo3OIU_tQUBIGzSw,,

Any thing you guys would recommend I change?

Also, not regarding the build itself I've got 2 separate questions;
    1. If I was to use the BNPL financing option would I be able to call up customer support with my order no and request my system be built as well?
    2. I previously bought Win7 from here, took the free upgrade they did to Win10 a couple of years ago, would I be able to call up MS and get them to unlock my key to reuse; if so can Aria pre load windows for me with the build and when I receive I can just put in Auth code?

Thanks for reading and hope you guys can help me out!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,204 Posts

All looks ok.

Personal choice here. I don't think i would bother with the Black edition HDD. All the things that need performance will be on your SSD. Sure, 500gb will fill quickly but when you are using your hard drive to store videos, photos, documents and music, these don't require a performance geared hard drive.
    I would be saving myself 60 and getting​ the blue version.
    If use that to get an all in one water cooling rather than your air-cooler.
    The graphics card looked eye wateringly expensive, but with the 30 cash back i guess it makes sense.

I can't help you with the other two questions, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler View Post
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Thanks

Change the psu to the G2. A 550W is enough though for a single GTX 1070.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=64027

Transatlantic Dutchman TheMadDutchDude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 939 Posts

Save yourself 60 on the hard drive and get a blue drive or similar. The performance difference will be miniscule and the cash would be best put towards an M.2 NVMe drive instead of the current 500GB EVO that you chose.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ ** GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 (coming) | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB DDR4-3200 C14 | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480 | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Thanks

For someone who mostly games is the change in the SSD to M.2 NVMe going to be that big?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,204 Posts

Far quicker loading times.
    The move from hard drives to SSDs meant incredible differences. Moving from sata SSDs to m2 is less impressive but still makes a big difference.
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brael89 View Post
    For someone who mostly games is the change in the SSD to M.2 NVMe going to be that big?
    In a nutshell, no. You'll have ever so slightly reduced loading times on a handful of games; however, no difference in frame rate (obviously). You can pick up a 256GB NMVe and a 500GB SSD for ~130 each. That'd be my recommendation. OS on the NVMe and install games/Steam library etc to the SSD. Best of both worlds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cruciate View Post
    Moving from sata SSDs to m2 is less impressive but still makes a big difference.
    Sure does.

Not just boot, but also if you have any disk intensive stuff like "index and search" software.

Gains for games may be less impressive.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 971 Posts

Only skim read so apologies if someone has already said this but looks like you have 2x 7600Ks currently in your wishlist, make sure you remove one.
    Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
    Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Thanks

Here's that video showing game load time differences (or not) between NVMe and SSDs - and before anyone asks, yes - he has the drivers installed and is getting over 3GB/s transfer speeds in windows:

Comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecCA0gx_eZk

Proof of correct setup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Y6VdXO5es&t=9s