Thread: funny noise from the PSU

Thanks

Post funny noise from the PSU

just bought the following PSU:
    Aerocool Integrator 700W Power Supply

After installation there is some funny noise coming from the PSU. do you think that I should send it back or there is a easy fix o this?

Thanks

What sort of noise?

Could it be the mounting? Screwed in too tightly? Not enough?

Did it come with a rubber "grommet" to insulate it from the case?
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

In the Mushroom Kingdom with Princess Peach
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,303 Times in 974 Posts

It might just be vibrations as michaelkenward is alluding to. If it's anything more then send it back as PSU's are not something you should attempt to fix yourself

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 792 Posts

I dont know too much about this model, but I can say that many modern PSUs run very cool, and often have a 0 fan setting when in low power use. Some fans, if they aren't well specc'd can hit a voltage where it isn't quite enough to start spinning, but it is trying to, resulting in a start/stop, and if the fan needs a minium of say, 50% (6v) this is quite a high speed (yet rather common) for a fan to be kicking in, causing a more subtle but similar sound to a faulty HDD which would power up then stop, power up then stop.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,929 Times in 2,311 Posts

probably, yes. that being said as you can see there could be a few reasons for it making noise, and just being called funny, it is hard to say what it could be
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Thanks

Aerocool?

Oh, yes I can see Aria sell those now..
    If you really really really really love me. You'd never make me hang out with your family. Your mum sucks and your dad really hates me. When I try to borrow money he berates me. Somehow he thinks that I'm too old for you, 'cause you're nineteen and I'm fifty two.