Page 806 of 806 FirstFirst ... 306706756796802803804805806
Results 12,076 to 12,080 of 12080

Thread: The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,486 Times in 949 Posts

Bosch then? Was more interested in what Drivetrain it had than getting one. Deffo on the cards at some point I think
    Quote Originally Posted by jointhedotz View Post
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Thanks
    Thanked 7,123 Times in 4,721 Posts

Aye Bosch Active Line, real nice HUD display on bars, and motor in the cranks, as opposed to rear hub.

Eco mode is 40% assist, 100% Tour, 150% Sport, 250% Turbo

Tried a Tranz-x motor too but wasn't as quick as the bosch or refined.

The premium Bosch on next bike up, has gear reset and autochange with a wireless mech, so when stopping it puts you back in easy gear for 0-60 and then auto shifts as needed when pedalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I want those sweet cherries

Thanks
    Thanked 1,486 Times in 949 Posts

250% is pretty hax
    Quote Originally Posted by jointhedotz View Post
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Thanks
    Thanked 7,123 Times in 4,721 Posts

Have a read tis lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyy

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/ebike...s/active-line/

Intuvia HUD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I want those sweet cherries

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 1,201 Posts

Ride report!!!

I've had a lovely day. Proper happy with life today.

Whenever I work the weekend I always like to have a monday play around. Last night I was trying to think where to go, and in a flash of inspiration I thought about my favourite diggle jiggle. http://cycling.tfgm.com/Pages/maps/Diggle-Jiggle.pdf
    Haven't done that in ages.
    I set off from home, so there was a 6 mile or so commute each side of the circuit itself.

So off I set, #discobike blaring out some 90's britpop indy.
    I'll be honest with you, this is the first time I've done the jiggle without my daughters boyfriend, who thinks he is a mountain biking body builder, but in reality is just a heavy, slow cardiovascular mess.
    And so, as I reached the half hour mark I realised that I was massively ahead of my best time, and I didn't stop much for photos, instead chasing a good average speed.

I took the time to stop and troll the forum with a nice pic of Whytney though. You've all seen this, but I thought it belonged in here.
    This was taken after what I believe to be the hardest climb of the route. The people who put the jiggle together however disagree, rating it as a 2 difficulty - "pulse racer".

A little climbing further and a panoramic pic was taken

A really treacherous downhill section, through what can only be described as a stream, with many loose rocks (I think Coiler would have hated this bit) and I reached the bottom of the "3" rated climb - "lung buster".
    It starts off as dirty lane. An apt title, and I felt a good phot opportunity.

The climb was tough, but in reality was a 2 mile climb, with the gradient swapping between 10% and 14%. Coiler took me on rides with 22% gradient. This, while far from easy, was not the "lung buster" I remember.
    After 2 miles I had my toughest part yet - Which of my snacks should I devour at the top o' the trail?

Mostly downhill from there, as I approached the end of the jiggle I looked at the time.
    Expected time? 2½ to 4 hours
    My time? 1hr 25min

And so to the 6 mile commute home. #discobike still blaring, 1.5 litres of caffeine water consumed. Protein milkshake, energy bar and cherry fake Nakd aldi bar demolished.
    Massive grin on face all the way home.

Data:

Last edited by cruciate; 7 Hours Ago at 20:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler View Post
    the trails is where life flows best
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler View Post
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cruciate For This Useful Post: