Thread: Ram and overclock

Thanks

Default Ram and overclock

i know ive asked pretty much the same thing before, but this time is a bit different lol

i wanna add more ram to my pc, but the overclocking was all done by aria, and i have no experience in overclocking what so ever

i looked at cpu z to compare the ram i have right now *4GB Muskin Blackline* with the one im going to replace it with *16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blacklione Frostbite* - 47294

the timings are different but the voltages are the same, would i have to change any settings in the bios and if so, is it the kinda thing thats easy to do??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 807 Posts

It "should" be OK.

The only thing that might be a problem is the 4GB you have now is 2 sticks, the 16GB will be 4 sticks.
    4 Sticks = more power, and that can make an overclock less stable.

Personally, I would either try it, or go for the 8GB, 2stick version that should work fine. 16GB is a huge amount of memory anyway
    (If you try it and you get bluescreens, the OC needs dropping slightly, or you take 2 sticks out and flog em)
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler View Post
    the trails is where life flows best

Thanks
    Thanked 2,705 Times in 2,134 Posts

if it crashes either drop the cpu multi 1 or increase the io voltage 1 and test again.
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Thanks

ah right, are these the kind of things easy to do, or is it i get it wrong and i blow it??

also, can i back up the original settings so either way i can just bring it back to how it was with 4GB

Thanks

The settings should be saved in a profile that aria created, dropping the multi is easy and wont do any damage, as for the voltages i would do some reading up on that first
    i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz Delidded + Clu, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer @ 1866 8-8-8-24 c1,
    Asus rampage vii Impact, Silverstone Tundra TD02 Slim, Zotac Gtx 980ti @ 1500/2000 with Evga backplate,
    120gb samsung 850 evo, 2tb toshiba MQ01ABB200 , Evga Hadron Air, Win 10 Pro.