Thread: Ram and overclock

Thanks

Default Ram and overclock

i know ive asked pretty much the same thing before, but this time is a bit different lol

i wanna add more ram to my pc, but the overclocking was all done by aria, and i have no experience in overclocking what so ever

i looked at cpu z to compare the ram i have right now *4GB Muskin Blackline* with the one im going to replace it with *16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blacklione Frostbite* - 47294

the timings are different but the voltages are the same, would i have to change any settings in the bios and if so, is it the kinda thing thats easy to do??

Thanks

It "should" be OK.

The only thing that might be a problem is the 4GB you have now is 2 sticks, the 16GB will be 4 sticks.
    4 Sticks = more power, and that can make an overclock less stable.

Personally, I would either try it, or go for the 8GB, 2stick version that should work fine. 16GB is a huge amount of memory anyway
    (If you try it and you get bluescreens, the OC needs dropping slightly, or you take 2 sticks out and flog em)
    Asus P8Z77-M with i7 2600k @ stock (coolermaster ALC cooler), 8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3, 256 GB and 128GB SSD's + 1.5TB HDD
    HD7870 GPU, Be Quiet! Dark Power 650W PSU
    All Wrapped up in an Aerocool DS case!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,824 Posts

if it crashes either drop the cpu multi 1 or increase the io voltage 1 and test again.
    we know who we are,
    most successful english football team ever, liverpool fc.
    we know who we are.

Thanks

ah right, are these the kind of things easy to do, or is it i get it wrong and i blow it??

also, can i back up the original settings so either way i can just bring it back to how it was with 4GB

Thanks

The settings should be saved in a profile that aria created, dropping the multi is easy and wont do any damage, as for the voltages i would do some reading up on that first