Sports website theme/template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports website theme/template

I've been asked to put together a website for my local Rugby club and whilst Pitchero would be convenient, it looks a little expensive compared to other means of hosting a website.

The content will include fixtures (not a league table), club information, player information and stats and a photo gallery.

Any recommendations on who to hose (Squarespace, Wix, Wordpress etc) and/or any templates to use? SportsPress looks like a good option but is only a plug in and I've no experience building sites with Wordpress so I'm not sure how easy it will be to add in?
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Website or Forum...as you can do all that in either...

http://www.simplemachines.org
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Any of them are easy to learn. With Wix, you get their product branding all over the place, so I would normally avoid that.

Wordpress is straightforward - if you don't know it inside out right now, then it's a good opportunity to learn..

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Wordpress is good, i have been setting up a website on there at the moment and its pretty easy to use.

With my 123-reg domains and hosting you get the option to install a forum (phpbb) and also a blank website so you just fill in the blanks. Depends on how complex or custom you want to go.

Originally posted by Aria
        On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Wordpress is as easy as using Microsoft Office.

Most hosting packages will have a one click installation for wordpress, and with your SportPress plugin, you should be able to instal it from within Wordpress itself.

Then hop on over to themeforest and fine a look you like, purchase, upload and get filling in the blanks.

Comment

Yeah just use Wordpress. It's stupidly easy to use.

Joker: Simple machines is horrible. Why would you inflict that on someone?

Comment

just done a site which wouldn't be a million miles off for functionality, all in Wordpress - ours was for a local tennis club

these things are more time consuming if not able to do face to face on the functionality requirements, but if you want a ball park figure - PM me for details

DT.
              Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
              Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Plus one for WordPress, it's so easy. Any functionality can usually be taken care of by various plugins. In terms of build, it's all PHP. Find a theme that's similar to what you want and then just customise it, you can end up with a pretty decent result for minimal effort.

In terms of hosting, I've moved all my stuff from TSO to https://www.siteground.co.uk/ recently and they've been superb.
                NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Working...
                X