Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Hosting and Domain Needed

Afternoon all!

I'm looking for George. Wait... no... I'm after cheap hosting for a simple, single page website. Don't need any database stuff, mysql or myphp. I'm also after a .com domain.

I've had a look around and most places are suggesting 1&1 and GoDaddy. Both are looking pretty damn expensive.

So, any suggestions, experiences and what not?

Cheers all!

what ISP do you use?

My ISP (PlusNet) offers a single domain for free.. and web space for hosting that domain.

Might be worth checking yours.
    FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
    "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

I'm on mobile internet with three.
      Plus I'd rather it not be tied to anything else.

Cheers!

Comment

Is the page going to be changed much?

If not and it really is a single page, then I'm happy to host it for you for free.

You'll need to register the domain yourself, but once registered just point it at my server and all good.

Comment

What's the page for?

If it's just something personal (ie not a business) then I'm happy to throw it up on one of my servers. You'd still need to buy a domain name though (I used 123-reg, there will be cheaper ones out there).

However given your requirements, I'm sure you'll find somewhere which will bundle the two cheaper than buying the domain name separately.

Comment

Its for my mums kennel business.

Cheers!

Comment

Ah I see. The reason I'm hesitant to offer business hosting is because I can't offer any guarantees about uptime. Pragmatically, I'm close to 100% but, like most people these days, I'm stupidly busy so should the server go down, it might take me a few days to find time to look at it.

Sorry mate. Good luck with search though.

Comment

I'm happy to host it, it will run on our production web server, so if it goes down it will be fixed pronto. Can't guarantee 100% though obv.

Once you have the domain name sorted, send me the html page, and i'll send you the DNS details.

Comment

Failing all the kind offers from people here, TSOHost's cheapest plan is only 14.99 a year.

Comment

You could in theory just use the most basic (non-free) package on WordPress, buy the domain and host it on their servers for $2.99 a month - https://wordpress.com/#plans

But if you're doing that, TSOHost at 15 a year would be cheaper.
                    NZXT H440 Matte Black and Red | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | 1080 GTX Founders Edition | 32gb Avexir Blitz DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 512 GB | 3TB Western Digital Red | Dell S2716DG | SteelSeries Sensei | Corsair Vengeance K90 | Corsair Vengeance 1500 / Gigaworks T40

Comment

Yeah I was looking at TSO Host as I already use them for something else.

Cheapest hosting and .com domain there is 26.98 a year. May just go with that unless I find a better deal anywhere.

Cheers all!

Comment

Most of that price will be the domain name registration. .com's cost more than a .co.uk address.

Comment

Yeah its 11.99 a year or something. Still only works out at about 2.30 per month or something daft. And it doesnt get any more expensive after the first year like those robbing bastards at 1&1 and GoDaddy!

Cheers all!

Comment

https://www.ovh.co.uk/web-hosting/we...g-personal.xml

included domain name in first year
                            Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                            Forum Guidelines here

Comment

I bit the bullet and went with TSO Host. They've always been reliable in the past. And for Less than 3 a month for everything, I aint gonna complain.

I will post a link when the site it looking a bit more finished. As I said before. Its for my mums boarding kennels.

Cheers all!

Comment

Working...
                              X