Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolbits and auto fan control

Hi,
    I've recently bought the GTX 960, and it's on of the cards that turns the fans off until a certain temperature is hit. I've found out how to enable the fans through coolbits, but this just lets me turn them on and set a speed manually.

I think what im after is a fan curve i can play with because I just want my fans to turn on quicker than they do automatically. At the moment they have to hit around 60c before the fans kick in, and i just want it to sit at 30 when it's idling instead of ramping up and down all the time.

Anyone have any experience with the coolbits options on the nvidia drivers who can lend a hand?

EDIT - If it helps it's and ASUS GTX 960 STRIX
    Last edited by SketchyManDan; 29-11-15, 16:03.

afterburner?

precision?

i imagine which ever brand it is will have their own version too and all i have played with let you set a custom fan profile.
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

Comment

Unless I've missed the downloads on their sites, they only exist for windows right? The tool available for this card on windows was GPU Tweak 2, but it's not available for linux.

Comment

yea, sorry.

linux gets treated like the ginger step child when it comes to most of the overclocking/tweaking software they make :/

i should of looked at the section and not just the thread title :/
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

With coolbits, we do seem to have the control for overlocking and such, i just can't find one to adjust the fan curve

Comment

How do you control them manually? It might be easy to script this fix if there isn't something already built.

Comment

Depending on which bits you set for CoolBits, you get different controls, so right now I have just a slider to turn the fan up or down. But you have just reminded me that I did come across a script, but it didn't work for me at the time. Ill go hunt it down again and have a play.

Comment

Working...
              X