What Linux distro(s) do you run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold fusion
    started a poll What Linux distro(s) do you run?

What Linux distro(s) do you run?

Ubuntu / Kubunu / Xubuntu / Lubunu
    10.00%
    Mint (inc LMDE)
    20.00%
    Debian (inc CrunchBang)
    15.00%
    OpenSuse
    5.00%
    CentOS
    15.00%
    Fedora
    5.00%
    ArchLinux / ArchBang / Chakra
    5.00%
    Slackware
    0.00%
    ElementalOS
    5.00%
    Other Linux (please specify)
    15.00%
    BSD: eg FreeBSD / DragonflyBSD / OpenBSD
    5.00%
    Other UNIX / POSIX (eg OpenIndiana, Haiku, etc)
    0.00%
    What distros (or other Unix-like OSs) do you run at home? It doesn't have to be your primary OS, just one that you do use.
    Last edited by cold fusion; 31-10-13, 23:01.

• cold fusion
    replied
    Arch on my desktops
    FreeBSD (which I know isn't Linux) on my servers.

Leave a comment:

• le4thab
    replied
    ubuntu server 12.04

Leave a comment:

• Blue4
    replied
    Used to run Mint on my machine, now use openSUSE 13.1 KDE. My netbook runs Precise Puppy 5.7.1 for the sake of speed.

Leave a comment:

• Darkwave109
    replied
    Ultimate edition and or oz unity

Leave a comment:

• Burn-IT
    replied
    Puppy Linux 4.2
    Puppy Linux 5.28
    Puppy Linux 5.6 & 5.7

Leave a comment:

• cold fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by albal View Post
    You left off RedHat and Suse which are probably the biggest Enterprise ones though Oracle is getting some traction.
    I didn't leave SuSE off; OpenSuse is there, it's just SLES which isn't. And Fedora and CentOS are there too, but since we're talking home use, it seemed dumb to include Redhat and SLES.

Also SciLinux which with Fedora and Centos are all based off the same stream.
    I also left of about a dozen other redhat based distros such as Oracle Linux and Mandraver. No list like this is ever going to be exhaustive so it seems silly to quibble over the omission of Enterprise distros in a survey of home usage. If anything, people should be moaning that I missed off Android and OpenELEC
    Last edited by cold fusion; 01-11-13, 12:19.

Leave a comment:

• oneman
    replied
    Running mint on a Core2Duo desktop (cinnamon) , Atom based netbook (Mate from a SD card) and a old P4 (again Mate). All drivers found for all 3 without any problems including function keys on laptops.

Currently working on a project to convert 90 Asus eeePC netbooks from Win7 starter to 32-bit Mint with Mate for my kids school.

Leave a comment:

• DanielWilliamson
    replied
    You left off RedHat and Suse which are probably the biggest Enterprise ones though Oracle is getting some traction. Also SciLinux which with Fedora and Centos are all based off the same stream.

At work we are a RedHat shop so we tend to use those streams. Personally I prefer CentOS but have been using SciLinux more as they patch it more often. My Dime-Machine projects is a kickstart script for RedHat based distributions to create a compatible time machine Linux clone.
    In fairness the title is at home - I don't know anything that runs comemrcial stuff like RHEL/Oracle at home, I use CentOS and Scientific if I want RHEL style distros.

Leave a comment:

• albal
    replied
    You left off RedHat and Suse which are probably the biggest Enterprise ones though Oracle is getting some traction. Also SciLinux which with Fedora and Centos are all based off the same stream.

At work we are a RedHat shop so we tend to use those streams. Personally I prefer CentOS but have been using SciLinux more as they patch it more often. My Dime-Machine projects is a kickstart script for RedHat based distributions to create a compatible time machine Linux clone.

Leave a comment:

• DanielWilliamson
    replied
    Debian, Elementary, CentOS and pfSense which would come under BSD.

Leave a comment:

• joker3327
    replied
    Same here I use Mint on a standalone PC for running PLEX media server

http://httpimpin.com/item/install-th...-linux-mint-15

Leave a comment:

• jointhedotz
    replied
    Currently Mint on my netbook and laptop, nice and lightweight whilst remaining familiar enough to not scare the mrs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X