What Linux distro(s) do you run?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Linux distro(s) do you run?

What distros (or other Unix-like OSs) do you run at home? It doesn't have to be your primary OS, just one that you do use.
    Ubuntu / Kubunu / Xubuntu / Lubunu
    10.00%
    Mint (inc LMDE)
    20.00%
    Debian (inc CrunchBang)
    15.00%
    OpenSuse
    5.00%
    CentOS
    15.00%
    Fedora
    5.00%
    ArchLinux / ArchBang / Chakra
    5.00%
    Slackware
    0.00%
    ElementalOS
    5.00%
    Other Linux (please specify)
    15.00%
    BSD: eg FreeBSD / DragonflyBSD / OpenBSD
    5.00%
    Other UNIX / POSIX (eg OpenIndiana, Haiku, etc)
    0.00%
    Last edited by cold fusion; 31-10-13, 23:01.

Currently Mint on my netbook and laptop, nice and lightweight whilst remaining familiar enough to not scare the mrs
    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

Same here I use Mint on a standalone PC for running PLEX media server

http://httpimpin.com/item/install-th...-linux-mint-15
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Debian, Elementary, CentOS and pfSense which would come under BSD.

Comment

You left off RedHat and Suse which are probably the biggest Enterprise ones though Oracle is getting some traction. Also SciLinux which with Fedora and Centos are all based off the same stream.

At work we are a RedHat shop so we tend to use those streams. Personally I prefer CentOS but have been using SciLinux more as they patch it more often. My Dime-Machine projects is a kickstart script for RedHat based distributions to create a compatible time machine Linux clone.
          Some people are inspired by you, others you seek to inspire but some people just make you want to stab yourself.
          P9X79 Deluxe | 4930K | H110i | 64GB TridentX 1866 | 3TB Samsung Evo | 2x EVGA SC 780Ti | Dual Asus PB258Q | Sirus 5.1 | Corsair K70 & M65

Comment

Originally posted by albal View Post
            You left off RedHat and Suse which are probably the biggest Enterprise ones though Oracle is getting some traction. Also SciLinux which with Fedora and Centos are all based off the same stream.

At work we are a RedHat shop so we tend to use those streams. Personally I prefer CentOS but have been using SciLinux more as they patch it more often. My Dime-Machine projects is a kickstart script for RedHat based distributions to create a compatible time machine Linux clone.
            In fairness the title is at home - I don't know anything that runs comemrcial stuff like RHEL/Oracle at home, I use CentOS and Scientific if I want RHEL style distros.

Comment

Running mint on a Core2Duo desktop (cinnamon) , Atom based netbook (Mate from a SD card) and a old P4 (again Mate). All drivers found for all 3 without any problems including function keys on laptops.

Currently working on a project to convert 90 Asus eeePC netbooks from Win7 starter to 32-bit Mint with Mate for my kids school.

Comment

You left off RedHat and Suse which are probably the biggest Enterprise ones though Oracle is getting some traction.
                I didn't leave SuSE off; OpenSuse is there, it's just SLES which isn't. And Fedora and CentOS are there too, but since we're talking home use, it seemed dumb to include Redhat and SLES.

Also SciLinux which with Fedora and Centos are all based off the same stream.
                I also left of about a dozen other redhat based distros such as Oracle Linux and Mandraver. No list like this is ever going to be exhaustive so it seems silly to quibble over the omission of Enterprise distros in a survey of home usage. If anything, people should be moaning that I missed off Android and OpenELEC
                Last edited by cold fusion; 01-11-13, 12:19.

Comment

Puppy Linux 4.2
                  Puppy Linux 5.28
                  Puppy Linux 5.6 & 5.7
                  I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                  Dave Burnett

Comment

Ultimate edition and or oz unity

Comment

Used to run Mint on my machine, now use openSUSE 13.1 KDE. My netbook runs Precise Puppy 5.7.1 for the sake of speed.
                      I like haikus
                      But sometimes they don't make sense
                      Refrigerator

Comment

ubuntu server 12.04

Comment

Arch on my desktops
                          FreeBSD (which I know isn't Linux) on my servers.

Comment

Working...
                          X