• Show
Clear All

• Mr Banana
    replied
    What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Alexceptional
    replied
    Just the standard Ubuntu wireless manager in the taskbar thing. I think it has something to do with WPA2 as it seems to work fine with WPA.

Tbh with all the hassle I'm getting I might just abandon the OS, I've only really been testing it out. I like the interface, but with all the issues I'll prob just stick with windows.

Leave a comment:

• cold fusion
    replied
    How are you connecting; via which utility? (I don't run Ubuntu so need a little background)

Leave a comment:

• Alexceptional
    replied
    Ok I did what you said and from the text that came out the problem was pretty obvious; I have 64-bit Ubuntu (forgot I had this) and was trying to use a 32-bit driver.

The adapter is working and can now see wireless networks (woo!) but I have a new problem. Whenever I try and connect to my router nothing happens, as if the WPA key is wrong even though I know it's not. It sometimes actually crashes the wireless settings bit. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• cold fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by Alexceptional View Post
    Been trying to get my Ubuntu partition to work with my wireless adapter, but so far no luck.

I found a guide to using the windows driver in Ubuntu so I did this and it says "hardware present" or something along those lines but there is no way to connect to any wireless.

I'm a bit of a linux novice so I'm at a bit of a loss here.
    While booted in ubuntu, can you unplug your wireless adapter, then plug it back in. then goto the terminal and paste the following in:
    Code:
    dmesg | tail
    this will give you a whole load of text, just dump that in here so i can have a read please.

if you can't get network access at all in Linux (not even wired) then please say before doing this as I can set it up so you can copy/paste the output in Windows

Leave a comment:

• Alexceptional
    started a topic DWA-140 Wireless USB Adapter in Ubuntu?

DWA-140 Wireless USB Adapter in Ubuntu?

Been trying to get my Ubuntu partition to work with my wireless adapter, but so far no luck.

I found a guide to using the windows driver in Ubuntu so I did this and it says "hardware present" or something along those lines but there is no way to connect to any wireless.

I'm a bit of a linux novice so I'm at a bit of a loss here.
Working...
X