Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minecraft Server

Hi

Just set up my minecraft server and am getting the error "Can't keep up.." in the console?

Regards

Get more RAM

Comment

Loose some weight?

What? C'mon... with Simon gone somebody has to fight the withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
        Get more RAM
        20% more?

Couldn't resist.
        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
          Get more RAM
          I have 2GB, should I allow minecraft more then?
          EDIT: Have allowed minecraft "1500M" for Xmx and Xms but still the same message appears.
          Last edited by mrnothersan; 16-09-11, 19:34.

Comment

You using the plain and simple server from minecraft.net?
            If you are I think it's just the application being a little over cautious..

How many people are logged in when you get the message?

Comment

Originally posted by Saldash View Post
              You using the plain and simple server from minecraft.net?
              If you are I think it's just the application being a little over cautious..

How many people are logged in when you get the message?
              Yes I am
              It was only me logged in when it gave the message.

Comment

Originally posted by mrnothersan View Post
                Yes I am
                It was only me logged in when it gave the message.
                Yeah, it does exactly the same to me and I gave it a full 2Gb of available leg
                room on my machine, to be honest I think it's just the software.

There is a very good web based solution by PhonicUK you might want to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Saldash View Post
                  Yeah, it does exactly the same to me and I gave it a full 2Gb of available leg
                  room on my machine, to be honest I think it's just the software.

There is a very good web based solution by PhonicUK you might want to try.
                  Thank you

Comment

It's CPU it's struggling with. I get the same on my netbook or amazon s3 micro.
                    PC: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, 2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz, XFX 7870 LE.
                    Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad X220 - IntelCore i5 2520M @ 2.5Ghz, 4GB RAM

Comment

I've seen Minecraft run smoothly on a low powered PPC chip with 512MB RAM.
                      What really matters is the number of users connected and plug in's used (some plug in's can be really system hogs).

Comment

Originally posted by Plan9 View Post
                        I've seen Minecraft run smoothly on a low powered PPC chip with 512MB RAM.
                        What really matters is the number of users connected and plug in's used (some plug in's can be really system hogs).
                        Well - I can't run vanilla server on my netbook (see sig) without can't keep up messages. With one player and no plugins.
                        PC: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI, 2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz, XFX 7870 LE.

Comment

Try Bukkit?

Comment

Is bukkit less resource intensive? I thought it'd just make it worse?

Comment

It's about the same but it's not coded by chimps. Plus there are plugins which free up RAM/processor usage more efficiently by ditching chunks when they're not visible/not occupied/when players log out etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X