Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Desktop Linux" guys: what's your distro of choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
    Looks like the poll has a clear winner and it would most likely be the same everywhere, we all know Ubuntu is the most popular. The popularity of Ubuntu should in theory make the other distros also gain more users from people who got into Linux and want to look around a bit and try something new again.
    I would agree with you, I would say that linux in general is gaining some ground from Microsoft in the home computer market, especially with the creation of Android the masses are seeing what an open source OS can do.

Comment

the chrome os will be a linux distro too?

Comment

Originally posted by waba View Post
        the chrome os will be a linux distro too?
        Yup

Comment

Originally posted by GSVRasputin View Post
          I would agree with you, I would say that linux in general is gaining some ground from Microsoft in the home computer market, especially with the creation of Android the masses are seeing what an open source OS can do.
          Agreed, with the exception of gaming there isn't too much that an average home user can do with Windows that they can't with Linux/Android etc.

Comment

im guessing then that when chrome os comes out it will take a relatively large share of the market, like the browser did. not exactly to rival windows, but large relative to the other linux distros.

Comment

Originally posted by waba View Post
              im guessing then that when chrome os comes out it will take a relatively large share of the market, like the browser did. not exactly to rival windows, but large relative to the other linux distros.
              I doubt it will.
              ChromeOS is a rather pointless OS. The only people likely to adopt it are those who are already following the project.

Comment

Working...
              X