Ubuntu install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu install

I have recently tried to reinstall ubuntu 11.04 onto a partition on my third hd. The install goes well until i get a cannot install bootloader. I have tried all of the options but nothing seems to work.

The system is setup with
    Ssd has win7 ultimate x64
    1tb western digital black for storeage to win 7

250gb wd drive i want ubuntu on.

If anyone can be appreciated.
    Back up and running fully

Originally posted by UrKo View Post
    I have recently tried to reinstall ubuntu 11.04 onto a partition on my third hd. The install goes well until i get a cannot install bootloader. I have tried all of the options but nothing seems to work.

The system is setup with
    Ssd has win7 ultimate x64
    1tb western digital black for storeage to win 7

250gb wd drive i want ubuntu on.

If anyone can be appreciated.
    Did you manually create the partitions or did Ubuntu installer automatically do this for you. If the former, then make sure the partition slice you're installing GRUB onto is marked as bootable (not sure how to do this in Ubuntu but it's quite easy in cfdisk)

Failing that (and probably worth doing anyway), install GRUB onto your MBR.

Comment

I am sure they were manually created but will use utility to check if bootable. How can i install manually.
      Back up and running fully

Comment

Originally posted by UrKo View Post
        I am sure they were manually created but will use utility to check if bootable. How can i install manually.
        There's two tools: install-grub and grub-install.
        I can never remember which one is the easier tool to use so end up checking the man pages each time (and Google).

Sorry I can't be of more help :-/

Comment

Working...
        X