No announcement yet.

FreeNAS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much electronic homework does the kid get? I know I never got that much, and the stuff I did was through a website (no documents required).

What else could you need to access that's at home? Nothing necessary for education anyway, that's for sure.
    Pentium G620T | ASUS P8H61-I | 4GB Patriot 1333Mhz | 64GB Cruical M4 | Antec ISK300-150

Comment

Originally posted by PeterStoba View Post
      How much electronic homework does the kid get? I know I never got that much, and the stuff I did was through a website (no documents required).

What else could you need to access that's at home? Nothing necessary for education anyway, that's for sure.
      we didn't even have the internet when I did my GCSEs. Count yourselves lucky.

Comment

Is there a way that you can make it so that your internal ip doesn't change? For example, it always will stay on 192.168.1.102?

Comment

Yes. Either use a static IP address or set that mac address as static in DHCP so it get the same address from your router.
          Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
          Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Originally posted by mrnothersan View Post
            Is there a way that you can make it so that your internal ip doesn't change? For example, it always will stay on 192.168.1.102?
            Yep two ways, either statically assign it on the PC itself, or if your router allows you can assign an IP address to a MAC address via DHCP reservation, so the PC always receives the same IP address via DHCP.

I prefer the latter if I can use it; as I do on my current DIR-615, but I have just installed DD-WRT on a newer DIR-615 and that oddly doesnt include it.
            Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

Originally posted by Pepp77 View Post
              Yep two ways, either statically assign it on the PC itself,

How would I do that? It's ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by mrnothersan View Post
                How would I do that? It's ubuntu
                First google result

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/change-ubu...p-address.html

Second google result

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubunt...ic-ip-address/