Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VJ
    replied
    oooh, i've never managed to keep a linux OS very long - probably because i miss some of the programs on Windows too much haha.
    Anyway, Now we've got NetBook, i'm giving Fedora 15 a go on it... downloading at the moment

Leave a comment:

• cold fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacksb4 View Post
    Thats why Windows XP worked in my opinion.
    tbh I always thought of XP as Win2k's fat and ugly step-sister. But that's just personal preference.

I've also never liked GNOME even in the early 1.x days. But again, personal preference. However in that instance I could at least relate to why others did like it

Leave a comment:

• Jacksb4
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
    Yeah i honestly prefer neat normal menu's rather than fancy full screen/partial screen overlays - you know where everything is.
    Thats why Windows XP worked in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Theninjagecko
    replied
    Are they going this way with the interfaces to maybe eventually goto tablet form ?

Leave a comment:

• Lorem-Ipsum
    replied
    I always liked gnome as it was reasonably lightweight and I could change it a lot.

The second I saw gnome3 I moved to XFCE, then got the custimisation bug and moved to openbox.

I really can't stand the look of Unity or gnome shell. Look too much like ubuntu netbook edition to me.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeyuk3 View Post
    well its so simple to install you can install it with in windows and joilicloud is more aimed at netbooks and laptops i see where your coming from becuase it is very similar to ubuntu but is more lightweight, and joilicloud is based in the cloud
    You can install it from windows thanks to Ubuntu as that is an Ubuntu thing

Leave a comment:

• Icm76
    replied
    Looking forward to trying it, will probably end up trying Unity as well.

I hope finally to see the back of the niggly little bugs that plague the current GNOME, I still get occasional panel applet problems e.g. Rubbish Bin fails to start and asks to be deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Lahn
    replied
    I for one can't wait to give Gnome 3 a real try once Fedora 15 comes out. Personally I am also a fan of minimizing windows, but I won't ditch new ideas until I have given them a chance - there's loads of nice features too!

Leave a comment:

• mikeyuk3
    replied
    well its so simple to install you can install it with in windows and joilicloud is more aimed at netbooks and laptops i see where your coming from becuase it is very similar to ubuntu but is more lightweight, and joilicloud is based in the cloud

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeyuk3 View Post
    i like the look of that it looks so user friendly, it would be perfect for somebody who hasnt used a computer before or hardy uses it.

http://www.gnome3.org

looks like a few useful features i like the im feature looks rather good looks like i might be ditching joilicloud on my laptop then
    I never got the point of jolicloud, it is basically Ubuntu with a new launcher slapped on top of it. You can do everything the same in Ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyuk3
    replied
    i like the look of that it looks so user friendly, it would be perfect for somebody who hasnt used a computer before or hardy uses it.

http://www.gnome3.org

looks like a few useful features i like the im feature looks rather good looks like i might be ditching joilicloud on my laptop then
    Last edited by mikeyuk3; 12-04-11, 12:27.

Leave a comment:

• joker3327
    replied
    Originally posted by andyn View Post
    My gut reaction to both really is that they just 'look' a bit "kiddyfied". Not really being fair though as I haven't tried either yet, I probably should.

Agreed ...looks like its trying to jump on the Tablet kind of interface

Leave a comment:

• Mr Banana
    replied
    Yeah i honestly prefer neat normal menu's rather than fancy full screen/partial screen overlays - you know where everything is.

Leave a comment:

• Burn-IT
    replied
    Looks like a kiddies Tonka phone.
    What is the modern thing against neat tidy text menus? Why do we have to have a degree in picture association before we can do anything? (I've just realised the answer to that)
    Windows is set to go the same way by all accounts.

Leave a comment:

• scottmac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Banana View Post
    Honestly the fact that you can't minimize windows turns me off, i minimize stuff all time, it's like an OCD for me heh.
    I'm the same, very lazy and never actually close anything. Would certainly take some getting used to not having minimize

Leave a comment:

Working...
X