everything has disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• everything has disappeared!

ok, this was definatly my fault, i was trying to edit the opacity settings in compiz so that my google sidebar would become more transparant, so i used the 'grab' feature in it, so that in the opacity bit it said "class ="

and fiddled about with opacity slider. now i cant see anything! it just boots up into the backround, cant see title bars or anythin. i can right click, but where i right click where the title bars used to be, it still says the same thing as if im just clicking on the backround (create new shortcut, folder etc).

any ideas? many thanks!

Try this: http://matt-linux-log.blogspot.com/2...ttings-in.html
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

thanks lorem, i can always rely on your for for my linux woes i tried googling it, but to no avail.

Comment

so it worked then?

I was 50/50 between that fix and another one.
        Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

the first method worked!! even better, it somehow changed the google sidebar back to how it was, with it being seethrough. strangly enough, the title bars etc didnt stop being glossy etc, so i didnt need to make them all look good again. thanks again, really helpful

Comment

Originally posted by waba View Post
            the first method worked!! even better, it somehow changed the google sidebar back to how it was, with it being seethrough. strangly enough, the title bars etc didnt stop being glossy etc, so i didnt need to make them all look good again. thanks again, really helpful
            Cool. I really need to update my blog. I haven't had time for ages. Should pump out at least 10 posts before I'm back to college.

Comment

jst wondering, why do you prefer a blog rather than posting up on some forum the solutions? isnt it more time consuming to maintain?

Comment

Originally posted by waba View Post
                jst wondering, why do you prefer a blog rather than posting up on some forum the solutions? isnt it more time consuming to maintain?
                Not really as its hosted by google and all the theming is automatic, and I'm lazy.

Also if I'm on a different forum and someone needs help I can quite easily link them to my blog, wheras if it was all on a forum I could not link them to it from a competitors forum.

Comment

Working...
                X