Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox randomly failing to conect. WTF???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox randomly failing to conect. WTF???

This morning I had AOL go down on me, Typical.

Problem is, when I got reconnected, firefox is not always managing to make a connection.

Its not a DNS issue as I use OpenDNS and Epiphany browser is working fine on the computer, and my server can ping both IP addresses and websites.

Even if I type the IP address of my router in firefox, it doesn't always manage to connect.

If I close firefox and re-open it I sometimes get a connection.

Its very very strange. I have installed updates for firefox today so I am currently thinking that they may have caused it.

Any ideas anyone?
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

.........Although it seems to be OK ATM......

If it happens again I'll post using my server......... and its text based web browser XD.
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Sorry, can I just say... AOL ?????
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

My Dad signed up for it ages ago when it was still dial up and as we stuck with them we get a huge discount.

The service is usually good though.

Oh and the glitch just happened again. I'm sure its firefox that's causing it.

Comment

For some reason it only happens when using the forums. Wierd ...

Comment

Cleared cache and maybe cookies?
            Checked Firefox's own network/proxy settings are correct?
            I met a man with a most peculiar name
            MC Sucka DJ!

Comment

I am clearing the cache now. The cookies are all fine, I have a strict filter. The network settings are imported from the system so cannot be modified and the proxy settings are fine.

Its very strange. I suspect a buggy update.

Posted on the ubuntu forums anyway.

Comment

Still doing it. This time I had to unplug the ethernet and reconnect it to get back online.

EDIT: Just completely removed firefox and config files and re-installed it.

Also cleared cookies and the cache.

If its going to freeze it will do so when I press "submit post " so here goes,

EDIT2: and it was fine.

I'll post if it happens again.

Comment

Mac has been having similar issues, may be worth dropping him a PM
                  I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Currently and on linux? If you can confirm I'll PM him the fix right away.

Mines seems to be fixed now.

Comment

There is a potential problem with config.ini and Linux, but that stops FF from restarting until the config.ini is deleted.
                      I cannot test FF problems as I use the same config file from many versions of Window and Linux
                      I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                      Dave Burnett

Comment

Firefox reuses to let me choose image search over 2mb. Dunno why. Opera is fine !!

Hate the new image search in FF
                        An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.

Comment

Closed as requested. Problem solved
                          i5 760 @ 4.01GHz, 4GB DDR3, Sapphire 6870, Soundblaster X-Fi

Comment

Working...
                          X