X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux drivers needed

does anyone know where i could find the linux drivers for this

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPa...duct_Id=179753
    Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
    Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

http://www.modem-help.co.uk/Belkin/F...html?drivers=1

??

Comment

dont think thats what im looking for mate.

btw does anyone have a noobs guide to linux because im struggling to figure out how to install ndiswrapper atm never mind getting drivers sorted
      Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling

Comment

What distro are you using? Ubuntu 10.04 and Mint 9 come with an easy tool for installing Windows wireless drivers.

Comment

think 8.04 was the disk i installed. you think that i should giv ubuntu 10.04 a shot?

Comment

lol. 8.04 is ancient. Yes it was an LTS but that doesn't mean it isn't old. I would go for 9.10 minimum.
            Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
            Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

ok will install the latest ubuntu then get back to you

Comment

The newer the version the newer Kernel you get...which means more drivers included by default...so it might even work out of the box.
                GamingOnLinux.com - The number 1 Linux gaming community

Comment

ok thanks updated it to 10.04 now so il ask him to bring his adaptor around and give it a go and see how it works

edit: my own belkin wireless n adaptor shows up both 'btfon' and 'btopenzone' but not my homehub which is weird, any suggestions as to what i do to go about finding that?

Comment

Is it hidden? If the others show up that one should too really?

Comment

yeah thats what im thinking. dont think it is hidden because all the computers in the house pick it up using windows. anyway going to try gathering and entering the details manually now.

Comment

just to update, the persons computer which i installed ubuntu on for them was very impressed as was i tbh, for such a low spec computer to be so fast was impressive. must say that from now on with any non-gaming computers i have in the future i will defs be using linux oh and the persons adapter worked perfectly as well, just plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by A Ginger Sheep View Post
                          just to update, the persons computer which i installed ubuntu on for them was very impressed as was i tbh, for such a low spec computer to be so fast was impressive. must say that from now on with any non-gaming computers i have in the future i will defs be using linux oh and the persons adapter worked perfectly as well, just plug and play.
                          Is this the adapter you PM'd me about?

Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by A Ginger Sheep View Post
                            Thought that might be the case, every new Kernel release has improved + new drivers added all the time.

It has come a looooong way.

Comment

I'm of the same opinion. I installed Ubuntu 10.04 and from now on it will go on all my non gaming machines. It's so easy to use and you get so much more bang for your buck than Windows. Also it uses less power, so it's much better for machines that you leave on a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X