Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private DayZ server?

I know a lot of you hate the hackers.

Can't do much about it on public servers.

I am happy to host a private DayZ server that will be passworded.

You wont be able to move to another server but it will be GMT-8 and hosted in Derby.

Will be hosting this for free and won't be official DayZ server.

Anyone up for it?

Sounds great

Although it could well be that these hackers are from these forums (shock horror!)
    i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Definitely mate, that would be really good
      I5 2500K @ 4.7GHz| Maximus IV Extreme | 8GB Predator DDR3 | Crossfire Radeon 5850| BeQuiet! L8 630W | Corsair 700D
      Razer Lachesis | Razer Black Widow

Comment

When you say we won't be able to play on other servers, you mean they wont share the same database right?
        We would still be able to join other servers and start again no?
        Originally posted by andyn
        Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
        PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
        Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Originally posted by Cosford View Post
          When you say we won't be able to play on other servers, you mean they wont share the same database right?
          We would still be able to join other servers and start again no?
          What you do on my server will only be in my server not any other normal server.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
            What you do on my server will only be in my server not any other normal server.
            It's like having two separate characters I believe?
            i5 2500k | 16GB RAM | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC | 256GB + 240GB SSDs | 1TB + 3TB HDDs | Define R5 Black | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz + BenQ 24" 1080p 144Hz

Comment

Only problem. No other players so removes a massive aspect
              i5 2500k @stock 3.3ghz w/ Stock Cooler
              Powercolor Radeon 6950 2GB
              8GB RipJawz RAM
              White Lachesis
              Lycosa

Comment

Yes it is, you'll start a fresh on said private server, go back to normal and your gear from before should still be there.

Well worked like that for me, went on one server lost nice loots, cried joined another and wtf my stuff is back!!! or something similar

Comment

The amount of threads on this game is ridiculous.
                  Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobeana View Post
                    Only problem. No other players so removes a massive aspect
                    I guess, but with 100's of people on these forums at any one time I'm sure we could fill the server up

So as long as everyone doesn't band together we would still have some PvP, just hopefully legit PvP!

Might be interesting to see who bands together, and I guess there would be more likelihood of permanent gangs and bases forming as we wouldn't have to server hop all the time.

Originally posted by Clewis09 View Post
                    The amount of threads on this game is ridiculous.
                    That's because the game is ridiculously good

Comment

Originally posted by Joshimitsu91 View Post
                      That's because the game is ridiculously good
                      Flavour of the month.
                      Phanteks Enthoo Pro | i7-5280K | H55 | Asus Sabertooth X99 | EVGA 780 ACX SLI | 16GB Corsair LP DDR4 | 750W Corsair CX PSU | SAMSUNG EVO 250GB | Seagate 2TB HDD | DT 770 Pro | Logitech G600 | Corsair K95

Comment

Originally posted by Clewis09 View Post
                        Flavour of the month.
                        I'm sorry do you have a problem with what other people enjoy?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshimitsu91 View Post
                          I'm sorry do you have a problem with what other people enjoy?
                          Where did you get that from?

Comment

Sounds good jack.
                            Originally posted by andyn
                            Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
                            PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
                            Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Could make teams up, say teams of 5 that move around the map together, then the aspect of people isnt gone as such. Also you could then host say team leaderboards, with PRIZES !
                              i7 4770k / MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING / 8gb Corsair Pro Vengeance / MSI 7870 OC Edition / Corsair AX 750w PSU / Bitfenix Shinobi / 1tb Samsung Spinpoint f3 / Samsung 840 Pro series 128gb SSD

Comment

Working...
                              X