Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

origin on the house thread. Peggle

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    tbh i like origin more than steam, just hate battlelog.

    origin is like steam used to be, before it always wanted to change my drivers, or screen res, or refresh rate, or any of the other inane things it wants to do these days.

    buy games, play games and a friends list. all i want any of them to do me.

    op does state you need origin btw, i know as i put it's link there
    "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
    Plato

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
      tbh i like origin more than steam, just hate battlelog.

      origin is like steam used to be, before it always wanted to change my drivers, or screen res, or refresh rate, or any of the other inane things it wants to do these days.
      Weird, I never get any of that...

      buy games, play games and a friends list. all i want any of them to do me.
      That's all Steam does for me lol. Definitely prefer Steam to Origin, but then 95% of my games library is on Steam. Having other clients (uplay mainly, Origin isn't too bad) is a pain in the ***.
      Why did the chicken cross the road?
      To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

      Comment


      • #48
        Yep I don't seem to have those problems with steam either. I have uplay, that seems more annoying...probably because I bought a game through steam that then forces me to open uplay.

        Comment


        • #49
          steam has tried to do all kinds of strange stuff after updating :/ (might be beta versions btw, i have opted in and out of that from time to time)

          thinking about it i think it is origins recent change of stance on returning games which has swung my opinion.

          trying to get money from steam has been like pulling out your own teeth in the past. i have had more luck contacting the games devs about it than steam.

          i also think it will help combat piracy. i personally think most people who pirate pc games do so as a means to try before they buy. see if the game is playable on their hardware to a standard they see fit. see if the game is one they enjoy and if it ticks the boxes they buy it. the ability to do that legally has to be a plus no?
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

          Comment


          • #50
            I'm pretty much permanently in Steam beta, so I don't think it's that

            There's a drop down option for it, but you have to press it yourself.
            Last edited by FunkY; 01-06-14, 21:24.
            Why did the chicken cross the road?
            To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

            Comment


            • #51
              Origin allows to you try before you buy then? I know steam has free weekends every so often but not for all games. Does origin sell non origin games?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                steam has tried to do all kinds of strange stuff after updating :/ (might be beta versions btw, i have opted in and out of that from time to time)

                thinking about it i think it is origins recent change of stance on returning games which has swung my opinion.

                trying to get money from steam has been like pulling out your own teeth in the past. i have had more luck contacting the games devs about it than steam.

                i also think it will help combat piracy. i personally think most people who pirate pc games do so as a means to try before they buy. see if the game is playable on their hardware to a standard they see fit. see if the game is one they enjoy and if it ticks the boxes they buy it. the ability to do that legally has to be a plus no?
                Isn't that what a demo is and has always been for?
                Originally posted by omega
                He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

                |EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
                All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Turbo Porridge View Post
                  Isn't that what a demo is and has always been for?
                  but these days they seem to release stuff without a demo
                  i5 2500k/16 gig DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengence LP/Asus P8H77-V-LE/EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0/Intel X25-V 40gig/SoundBlaster Omni/NZXT Phantom 530 Case/BenQ G2222HDL/G15 Keyboard v1/ Roccat Kone XTC/Windows 10 Pro

                  http://steamcommunity.com/id/Biodoid

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Biodoid View Post
                    but these days they seem to release stuff without a demo
                    Oh yeah definitely - I Can't go get a Demo of BF4
                    Originally posted by omega
                    He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

                    |EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
                    All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by waba View Post
                      Origin allows to you try before you buy then? I know steam has free weekends every so often but not for all games. Does origin sell non origin games?

                      no you still need to buy it, but can return it if you are not happy with it.
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Current game is Peggle: https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/b...andard-edition

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Wing Commander 3 now free!

                          https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/f...=1407262119301
                          My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?


                          Comment


                          • #58
                            So very tempted... but... Origin...
                            --
                            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              so flippin' what? nowt wrong with Origin and it's WING COMMANDER!
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                              Originally posted by BigIan88
                              turn off that sexy nonsense
                              Originally posted by Salad Soup
                              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                And it's free..



                                Originally posted by coiler
                                Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X