Behind Blue Eyes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
    I also prefer Metallica's version of 'Whiskey in the jar'.
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

While this has derailed into a songs that are as good as the original thread, I'll chip in with the classic Simon and Garfunkel song Sound of Silence.
      The Disturbed version, that I believe was used for gears of war, is really very good. One of my favourite songs ever, and I feel very strongly about people covering songs, especially Simon and Garfunkel.
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
        Cash's version is helped by the fact that, as a listener, you know it's his final song. It makes it feel far more emotive and a little autobiographical (with help from the music video) too.

@Smellyferret: not sure what you mean by which NIN version. He only released one single didn't he? Or are you counting remixes and live versions?
        There are a few versions officially released:
        http://www.nin.wiki/Hurt_(song)

I like the live ones best, when Trent nails the piano/keyboard that for me is amazing.
        I also like the Cash version, he nailed the vocals and also re purposed the meaning to link with the end of his life, which even Trent has said was great.

The one above is probably one of my favourites, but I do see NiN every tour... normally multiple times... so I fully admit there may be bias in my opinion! :O
        http://steamcommunity.com/id/smellyferret

Comment

Originally posted by Smellyferret View Post
          There are a few versions officially released:
          http://www.nin.wiki/Hurt_(song)

I like the live ones best, when Trent nails the piano/keyboard that for me is amazing.
          I also like the Cash version, he nailed the vocals and also re purposed the meaning to link with the end of his life, which even Trent has said was great.

The one above is probably one of my favourites, but I do see NiN every tour... normally multiple times... so I fully admit there may be bias in my opinion! :O
          So you are just counting live versions and remixes? The thing with Trent is he has a habit of remixing his material more than the average dance producer. I think it's fair to say when people talk about Hurt they're referring to his original track rather than the umpteen self-made re-imaginations that exist purely on live and remix albums (of which I do have a few, but they seldom equal his original works let alone surpass them).

His Bowie duets were particularly poor in my opinion. Bowie's and Trent's style didn't really gel. I think that's one of those gigs that was better experienced than listened to again after the event.

Comment

Just saw the end of Season 2 of Rick and Morty and have some new feels for the original NiN version of Hurt
            He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
            Originally posted by BigIan88
            turn off that sexy nonsense
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
              So you are just counting live versions and remixes? The thing with Trent is he has a habit of remixing his material more than the average dance producer. I think it's fair to say when people talk about Hurt they're referring to his original track rather than the umpteen self-made re-imaginations that exist purely on live and remix albums (of which I do have a few, but they seldom equal his original works let alone surpass them).

His Bowie duets were particularly poor in my opinion. Bowie's and Trent's style didn't really gel. I think that's one of those gigs that was better experienced than listened to again after the event.
              I like I'm afraid of Americans , but agree on a lot of the other stuff he did with Bowie.. not the greatest!

The versions of hurt I linked are the ones released (which is what I thought you were asking initially! )
              And yeah the remix albums were not the greatest either, but I think they were mainly done to fulfill record deals.
              http://steamcommunity.com/id/smellyferret

Comment

Working...
              X