X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darklighthim
    replied
    Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
    I felt more deja-vu.. they only did them same 3 cars in the last season of proper Top Gear?
    Celeb bit was a bit ???
    The new track is a bit questionable, didn't need to have that for me..

Did like grumpy American.
    Did like airforce related "fight" editing..

Is on point, maybe tweak the lap track and the celeb sections and move to cars we haven't seen them driving before.
    I hope they skip the celebs all together. It was fine on TG but i'd rather they filled up that time better. Actually I'm thinking the whole GT bit with the celebs could have been a way of saying that it's dead or rather star in a car is. I could see celebs with a love of cars feature in the odd segement here which would be fine with me.

I didn't get the new track other than the amusing note about the house, unexploded bomb and such like. I did like the laps on TG to see how fast a car was compared to others so not against it.

I liked the American racer and did like the way they had the whole americans say this vs the brits and that airforce fight was great. I probably wouldn't want to see the fight part done again but would love them to play around on the country their filming the tent part inn and banter with the audicence a bit.

Leave a comment:

• joker3327
    replied
    Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
    Clarkson and Trump seem to have the same political views, so maybe they will get POTUS on the show.
    And give him the Parachute Jeremy Renner had

Leave a comment:

• michaelkenward
    replied
    Clarkson and Trump seem to have the same political views, so maybe they will get POTUS on the show.

Leave a comment:

• Moonchester
    replied
    I felt more deja-vu.. they only did them same 3 cars in the last season of proper Top Gear?
    Celeb bit was a bit ???
    The new track is a bit questionable, didn't need to have that for me..

Did like grumpy American.
    Did like airforce related "fight" editing..

Is on point, maybe tweak the lap track and the celeb sections and move to cars we haven't seen them driving before.

Leave a comment:

• Philip
    replied
    I loved the visuals, slo mo etc. Very cleanly shot.

I agree with all the comments about cringe... i had to pause it a couple times and walk around a bit just to get over it.

The montage of whats to come also looked really good, looking forward to the next episode.

Leave a comment:

• FunkY
    replied
    Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
    I am thinking of doing so.
    I DO buy stuff from them anyway so it wouldn't be completely wasted.
    You can get prime video membership without paying for full on prime membership. 6 a month... Free 1 day delivery can come in handy if you opt for the full package for a couple of quid extra though
    Last edited by FunkY; 20-11-16, 00:51.

Leave a comment:

• Burn-IT
    replied
    I am thinking of doing so.
    I DO buy stuff from them anyway so it wouldn't be completely wasted.

Leave a comment:

• cruciate
    replied
    And that's why you will never please all the people, all the time.
    Disliked the American, disliked the celeb bit.
    Others liked that.

As long as overall we are happy then it will be considered a success.

Actually, considering the cost implications, what would be considered a success is if more people upgrade to Prime.
    I was already a member. Anyone joined specifically because of this?

Leave a comment:

• niceguyrichy
    replied
    I liked it
    just big budget TG basically, and (so long as you were a fan in the first place I guess) nothing wrong with that imo

I quite liked the conceit that was them killing off the celebs before bothering to actually interview them actually.

beautifully shot too

Leave a comment:

• Black Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
    loving the American.... grumpy git..... goddam communist
    I thought that was one of the more cringe worthy moments. There certainly were a few. Overall though, I smiled while watching rather than grimacing like when the ginger **** took over TG.

Really? tw1t is in the rude words list?
    Last edited by Black Knight; 19-11-16, 11:45.

Leave a comment:

• joker3327
    replied
    loving the American.... grumpy git..... goddam communist

Leave a comment:

• cruciate
    replied
    Good. A bit cringy at times. Don't know what the celeb bit was about.
    Overall though, a solid hours viewing

Leave a comment:

• darklighthim
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackster View Post
    Not bad. Not great.

Bit cringe in a few parts. But mostly great. Hopefully the challenges will be just as good as before.
    Agree with this having just watched it.

It was the first episode so was expecting to lean heavy on that fact more than anything else, and I feel the main feature with the 3 cars was a good opener without going too overboard.

Leave a comment:

• Jackster
    replied
    Not bad. Not great.

Bit cringe in a few parts. But mostly great. Hopefully the challenges will be just as good as before.

Leave a comment:

• cold fusion
    replied
    Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
    Didn't they spend the whole series budget on the first episode so that it WOULD be a hit.
    I've not seen it and I'll wait a few weeks before splashing out to see if it continues.
    I'm pretty sure that happened even when Clarkson was on the Beeb. I seem to recall there were quite a few series finales that were low budget time fillers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X