No announcement yet.

The Grand Tour.... [May Contain Spoilers]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I forgot to mention.. The celebrity car is not reasonably priced any more. And the track they use it on....

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

I'm loving the show. That Rimac car is a feat of engineering. Hammond seems to love it.

Comment

The celebrity part is much better I do agree Aaron.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Yeah - the segment is actually a lot shorter than the one we were actually there for. Vastly improved though. Wait till you see the new 'stig' too..

Comment

Really enjoying it... ( dont understand why Gizmodo keep slagging it off ) love it that they used a comment off there to advertise the show... I did love the Rimac and the acceleration...... OMG..... mind you they did sell it short a bit on the mileage per charge....looking forward to Friday

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/12/the...ntable-as-one/

This guy really does seem to have an axe to grind.....
            Last edited by joker3327; 13-12-17, 10:19.
            posted by scrivz69
            I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

After this week's episode I have the urge to send stuff via DHL and fly on Jet Blue. Not that I am saying that there are a lot of product placements in this show now. I found myself skipping the celebrity part but the rest of it was OKish. Not a great episode tbh.
              My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Do you mean the first episode or have you watched the 2nd one?

I watched the first one last night and didn't think it was great, Very scripted.

Originally posted by Aria
                On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

The second one. The first one was last week. I watched it this morning.

Comment

Have to say, the show is very scripted. However, when I was actually there, they were exactly the same in real life just chatting as well...

Comment

so in RL they are puppets to the scriptwriters?
                      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                      Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Thats not quite what I was getting at

More that the scriptwriters write in the same way as they are in real life.

Comment

I really dont see why you would review a program you really dont like if you cant be objective

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/12/the...-authenticity/

posted by scrivz69
                          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Watched episode 2 last night, Much better. Love the look of the new Ford GT, Not a car i would buy (A supercar made by Ford?) but it still looks great.

Originally posted by Aria
                            On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

The GT that was released on Friday is the one that I was at.

Comment

Were you on camera ?

Comment

Working...
                                X