The Grand Tour.... [May Contain Spoilers]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am thinking of doing so.
    I DO buy stuff from them anyway so it wouldn't be completely wasted.
    I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
    Dave Burnett

Comment

Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
      I am thinking of doing so.
      I DO buy stuff from them anyway so it wouldn't be completely wasted.
      You can get prime video membership without paying for full on prime membership. 6 a month... Free 1 day delivery can come in handy if you opt for the full package for a couple of quid extra though
      Last edited by FunkY; 20-11-16, 01:51.
      Why did the chicken cross the road?
      To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I loved the visuals, slo mo etc. Very cleanly shot.

I agree with all the comments about cringe... i had to pause it a couple times and walk around a bit just to get over it.

The montage of whats to come also looked really good, looking forward to the next episode.

Comment

I felt more deja-vu.. they only did them same 3 cars in the last season of proper Top Gear?
          Celeb bit was a bit ???
          The new track is a bit questionable, didn't need to have that for me..

Did like grumpy American.
          Did like airforce related "fight" editing..

Is on point, maybe tweak the lap track and the celeb sections and move to cars we haven't seen them driving before.

Comment

Clarkson and Trump seem to have the same political views, so maybe they will get POTUS on the show.
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
            Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
            Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
              Clarkson and Trump seem to have the same political views, so maybe they will get POTUS on the show.
              And give him the Parachute Jeremy Renner had
              posted by scrivz69
              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
                I felt more deja-vu.. they only did them same 3 cars in the last season of proper Top Gear?
                Celeb bit was a bit ???
                The new track is a bit questionable, didn't need to have that for me..

Did like grumpy American.
                Did like airforce related "fight" editing..

Is on point, maybe tweak the lap track and the celeb sections and move to cars we haven't seen them driving before.
                I hope they skip the celebs all together. It was fine on TG but i'd rather they filled up that time better. Actually I'm thinking the whole GT bit with the celebs could have been a way of saying that it's dead or rather star in a car is. I could see celebs with a love of cars feature in the odd segement here which would be fine with me.

I didn't get the new track other than the amusing note about the house, unexploded bomb and such like. I did like the laps on TG to see how fast a car was compared to others so not against it.

I liked the American racer and did like the way they had the whole americans say this vs the brits and that airforce fight was great. I probably wouldn't want to see the fight part done again but would love them to play around on the country their filming the tent part inn and banter with the audicence a bit.
                "They're gonna find out
                I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                But they're gonna find out
                And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Loved the intro, when they all look over at each other

The american, meh. Fight scene was alright.

I'd like to see celebs die in creative ways throughout, i liked that part lol, never really was a fan of top gears celeb part, skipped most of it when i could, at least during re watches.

Id also like to throw in that i haven't watched the new top gear, i watched it for the three guys and their banter, when i heard about recasting and at around the same time the grand tour, i decided to hold out, worth the wait

Comment

Kinda disappointed in this weeks episode.

I liked the Aston Martin piece, conversation street and the jokes based on their location this week.
                    The track is growing on me but still not as good as the TG track, and I'm not quite sure on the american even though I liked him in last weeks episode..

The main piece of the show was just meh and did nothing for me.
                    "They're gonna find out
                    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                    But they're gonna find out
                    And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
                      I got bored halfway through that, switched off and watched the darts.
                      and frankly I very much doubt I'll be going back to finish watching.

v disappointing this week frankly

Comment

Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
                        I got bored halfway through that, switched off and watched the darts.
                        and frankly I very much doubt I'll be going back to finish watching.

v disappointing this week frankly

Comment

So, I just got tickets to the filming happening next Wednesday - so I'll be in The Grand Tour tent this time next week!

Originally posted by coiler
                          Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Oooh nice! I'm very jealous.
                            My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

It's a 4 stage selection process too!

Initial application
                              Online written application
                              Telephone Interview
                              Then a final selection process based on all information given - and then, if you 'pass' everything, you get the tickets.

I've had less intense job interviews

Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

What did they ask you?
                                Car owning history and stuff? Do they need to make sure you are a real car fan, or are they just after "interesting" people?
                                the trails is where life flows best
                                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X