Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grand Tour.... [May Contain Spoilers]

So, what do people think?

I've only watched the start, but it was quite amusing...

Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

I'm watching it tonight after I have played some Division. I'm really looking forward to it.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I enjoyed it loads. Looking forward to next week's now.
      2007 - Thanks for many years of banter. Temporarily back for now..

Comment

Looks like it's a hit, Not seen one bad word to be honest.

Originally posted by Aria
        On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Didn't they spend the whole series budget on the first episode so that it WOULD be a hit.
          I've not seen it and I'll wait a few weeks before splashing out to see if it continues.
          I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
          Dave Burnett

Comment

watched it, was like top gear of old. they are back on form and in hindsight them leaving top gear and making a fresh start is definitely a good thing if that episode is to go by
            Gaming PC: GTX 680 | FX-8320 | 12GB | Asus Crosshair Formula IV | Crucial BX100 250gb and OCZ Agility 3 60gb |1.5tb Storage| Fractal Design Arc R2 | Enermax 700w | Custom Watercooling
            Laptop: HP Elitebook 2570p - i5 2.8Ghz, 8gb Phone: Huawei P8

Comment

I enjoyed it too, definitely looking forward to the next episode...
              Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
              Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
                Didn't they spend the whole series budget on the first episode so that it WOULD be a hit.
                I've not seen it and I'll wait a few weeks before splashing out to see if it continues.
                I'm pretty sure that happened even when Clarkson was on the Beeb. I seem to recall there were quite a few series finales that were low budget time fillers.

Comment

Not bad. Not great.

Bit cringe in a few parts. But mostly great. Hopefully the challenges will be just as good as before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                    Not bad. Not great.

Bit cringe in a few parts. But mostly great. Hopefully the challenges will be just as good as before.
                    Agree with this having just watched it.

It was the first episode so was expecting to lean heavy on that fact more than anything else, and I feel the main feature with the 3 cars was a good opener without going too overboard.
                    "They're gonna find out
                    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                    But they're gonna find out
                    And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Good. A bit cringy at times. Don't know what the celeb bit was about.
                      Overall though, a solid hours viewing
                      the trails is where life flows best
                      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

loving the American.... grumpy git..... goddam communist
                        posted by scrivz69
                        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                          loving the American.... grumpy git..... goddam communist
                          I thought that was one of the more cringe worthy moments. There certainly were a few. Overall though, I smiled while watching rather than grimacing like when the ginger **** took over TG.

Really? tw1t is in the rude words list?
                          Last edited by Black Knight; 19-11-16, 12:45.
                          My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I liked it
                            just big budget TG basically, and (so long as you were a fan in the first place I guess) nothing wrong with that imo

I quite liked the conceit that was them killing off the celebs before bothering to actually interview them actually.

beautifully shot too

Comment

And that's why you will never please all the people, all the time.
                              Disliked the American, disliked the celeb bit.
                              Others liked that.

As long as overall we are happy then it will be considered a success.

Actually, considering the cost implications, what would be considered a success is if more people upgrade to Prime.
                              I was already a member. Anyone joined specifically because of this?
                              the trails is where life flows best
                              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                              X