Spec me a TV!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Seiki 200 40" is mounted on my wall, no complaints so far

Found many of the 32" were 720p only... Yes I'm an advocate for quality goods, but needs must. This will keep me going for 12 months odd until 4k gets affordable
    --
    Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceboy View Post

Found many of the 32" were 720p only... Yes I'm an advocate for quality goods, but needs must. This will keep me going for 12 months odd until 4k gets affordable
      Compared to 12 month ago prices dropped a lot

Treated myself to Sony Bravia 55" 4K with android TV built in, well impressed in the showroom I noted that the picture quality at 4K upscaling was little bit better than Sammy ones in similar price range.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by oneman View Post
        One other this, though there are standards for Homeplug, try and stick with the same brand for all the plugs if possible as there has been lots of reports of performance issues mixing brands.
        Sound advice. I try to follow it with other kit.

The only problem is that you can get locked into one supplier even though they have been overtaken by the competition.

In the case of powerplugs, I have mixed brands on a network, but I homed in on Netgear partly because it offers a better user interface. And who wants to have to work out how to use two or three different ways of configuring and controlling network devices?
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
        Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
        Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Any reason you didn't go for the 4k Seiki to an extra 14?... Found it cheaper 189 !!!!
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Any reason you didn't go for the 4k Seiki to an extra 14?... Found it cheaper 189 !!!!
            posted by scrivz69
            I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Yeah, I didn't see it :/

Oh well, not worried about 4k for now
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Yeah, I didn't see it :/

Oh well, not worried about 4k for now
                It's not too late. You can still return it under the distance selling regulations

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                  It's not too late. You can still return it under the distance selling regulations
                  picked it up in store
                  --

Comment

picked it up in store
                    I'm guessing it's been unboxed as well?

If so, hows the screen looking?

Comment

Bought a samsung 40" 4k yesterday as it's end of line model. Meant to be great for games and they were not wrong. No lag at all and 4K looks amazing. Youtube as a built in app so no need to turn the xbox on to watch a video or netflix.

Originally posted by Aria
                      On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

I'm guessing it's been unboxed as well?

If so, hows the screen looking?
                        Yup, honestly looks fine to my untrained eye

It'll doo for noo
                        --

Comment

Yup, honestly looks fine to my untrained eye

It'll doo for noo
                          Well the most important thing is that you're happy. Everything else is just specs on a sheet for geeks to argue over.

Comment

Well the most important thing is that you're happy. Everything else is just specs on a sheet for geeks to argue over. But we all secretly know they maker it better
                            Fixed for you..

Originally posted by coiler
                            Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
                              Bought a samsung 40" 4k yesterday as it's end of line model. Meant to be great for games and they were not wrong. No lag at all and 4K looks amazing. Youtube as a built in app so no need to turn the xbox on to watch a video or netflix.
                              Yeah Samsung and Sony score very well on lag input tests for their 4k and 1080p tellies I was looking at LG, but most their tellies like 50-80ms range even OLED ones like 50ms.

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-u...eo-gaming/best

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Samsung JU7100 40" 50" 55" 60" 65" 75" 85" 26.1 ms 13.9 ms 8.5 8.6 7.9

Pretty happy with that and the price i paid. It's acutally the JU7000 in the UK, The 7100 was an american model but not really much difference.

Originally posted by Aria
                                On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Working...
                                X