Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24th March - 'The secret history of my family'

On BBC2 at 8pm - watch it

It's based on the family of a close friend of mine who's great grandparents were involved in gang wars around Manchester in the 1800's, known as Scuttling (created as a result of the popularity of the theater show 'Scuttlers').

Last year we were invited to be extras in the filming of some re-enactments of what happened in some of those fights and I have a small part as an extra being (a gang member) involved in attacking a pub, by a rival gang

The Salford Scuttlers

The Secret History of My Family
    Episode 3 of 4

Press hysteria and public panic gripped 1890s Salford as it erupted into postcode violence. Rival gangs of youths, known as scuttlers, clashed in pitched street battles. Magistrate Joseph Makinson attempted tostamp out the epidemic of gang warfare by giving the scuttlers a taste of their own medicine.

More than a century later, descendants of the rival gang leaders and descendants of the judge who tried to stop them tell their family stories, and ask whether violence is still part of life in working-class Salford

Last edited by BigIan88; 18-03-16, 18:49.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Sounds interesting, I quite like that sort of social history documentary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07569s6

Comment

Cool, 😎 looking forward to spotting you. Were you in the tights and blonde wig or bomber jacket and face mask this time?
      Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

There's 4-5 scenes that I'm in and I don't have any lines as such other than shouting abuse and looking mean, being 'the muscle' of the group.

Hoping to be my breakthrough act so I can take over with The Transporter films for Jason Statham
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

tv!!!

we all watched that back in the 80s.....
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Oooooh, interesting - will give it a watch

Did giggle though as "scuttling" means something completely different where I come from
            flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

There's a trailer for the programme now and I'm in it twice, see if you can spot me

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03n15d7

Comment

lol, how could we miss you

Comment

Dear god mate, you get around - Russian voice as well ? (Second judge to turn?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48g-sX36KY4

Comment

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                    Oooooh, interesting - will give it a watch

Did giggle though as "scuttling" means something completely different where I come from
                    In the immortal words of Roy Chubby Brown.... Do the back scuttle....!
                    posted by scrivz69
                    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                      In the immortal words of Roy Chubby Brown.... Do the back scuttle....!
                      That's the exact phrase I was thinking of

Comment

Working...
                      X