New Star Trek Series to Start 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Trek Series to Start 2017

CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new Star Trek television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premier episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.The next chapter of the Star Trek franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.
    The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous Star Trek television series.
    The brand-new Star Trek will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.
    Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new Star Trek TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films Star Trek (2009) with Roberto Orci, and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.
    I might have just done a little wee with excitement lol.

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-...s-january-2017
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

clapclapclapclapclap

Comment

Any word on which universe this would be based upon. My gut says the reboot given Alex Kurtzman's involvement and the basic synopsis.

Comment

Hmm, maybe a reboot of TNG with a younger and hairy Picard?
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
          Hmm, maybe a reboot of TNG with a younger and hairy Picard?
          That sounds like the only thing worse than the abomination they created when trying to reboot Wrath of Khan.

I really hope they do something completely original. I mean Enterprise was pretty bad in my personal opinion, but at least it was canon and original.

Comment

I do hope they don't ruin it. Whatever they do, it's got to be better than that ham sandwich/fan fiction which was Renegades.

Comment

Star Trek: what do we want from the new TV series?
              http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-tre...-new-tv-series

I concur with ^ that guy.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8mesUEFjas

This looks dodgy as hell.

I can sense the coming of death, death of a new TV show.
                Last edited by Black Knight; 18-05-17, 14:11.

Comment

oh dear!!
                  FILM QUIZ!!!!? Name the film from the quote!!
                  "Right. Better clench up, Legolas"

Comment

Looks like pile of rubbish.

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Has anyone seen the trailers for Seth MacFarlane spoof scifi series also starting this year? I'm not a fan of his humour personally but I'm sure some will like it.

Comment

I liked it..

Comment

Star Trek the next generation started in 1987.

Who feels old?
                          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

looks good,

and Hello to Jason Isaacs o/

Comment

Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                              Has anyone seen the trailers for Seth MacFarlane spoof scifi series also starting this year? I'm not a fan of his humour personally but I'm sure some will like it.
                              I think the spoof looks quite good, as long as it's not a case of ALL of the funny bits being in the trailer.

Originally posted by coiler
                              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                              X