Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeler Dealers

Anyone else watch this on Discovery?

I seem to enjoy watching shows about cars being done up and sold. This fits the bill perfectly. I love Mike Brewer's cheeky cockney grin and his "haggling" (which is plainly rehearsed) Ed China is a very skilled mechanic and explains the stuff he does very well. They both carry the programme well. I missed last night's episode but will watch on catchup later.

This is the only "reality" TV programme I can watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlHxcHNjE0E
    Last edited by Black Knight; 23-10-13, 16:47.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

I record everyone of the new series mate, the one last night with the Cadillac was a right money pit, the finished car was awesome.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

I have watched it from the very early days including a botched up Capri!

Although I am now 100% convinced that the cars are bought to order.

Rather than done up and sold to any random punter.

I was very disappointed with last night's episode, I feel it should have been a 2 or 3 parter as they brushed over so much.

We didn't see any engine work or any of the work on the body except the replacement of the front wings and a little bit of rust removal.

The interior work must have been a major job ie the Dash, but none of that was shown, seemed to be very much a rushed episode.
      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

I have to agree on that WL. they seemed to skip over lot, the rest of the new series has been ok, the Lotus last week was good.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Can't beat a bit of wheeler dealers. Ed China holds the show together. I would buy a car he's sorted any day of the week

Comment

I have seen them all I think, I agree that the show needs to be longer. They are trying to cram 2-3 weeks work into 1 hour and sadly some bits get missed. I enjoy the actual building that Edd does and that's normally the bit that gets cut.

Originally posted by Aria
            On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

I'm more of a Fast N' Loud and Graveyard Carz fany.......

Comment

Fast an loud, awesome. I'm up to date on them also. He would never be able to trade with the same laws we have over here!
                Tom cracks me up!

On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Don't know why he bothers with Auctions as he always makes a lose.

Comment

Yeah, never seem him make a profit that I can remember!

Comment

Started watching 'What's In The Barn' just recently with 100 year old Motorcycles even though bikes are not my thing it's not too bad.

Comment

Virgin media channel 221.. discover turbo, is to wheeler dealers what Dave is to Top Gear.. always showing older ones over and over.
                        Usually a good switch if I have 20 minutes to kill and the telly is on.

Comment

If you like WD then you might like Autotrader. It's on discovery turbo. Bit dated and not as good but worth a watch

Comment

Back on our screens again. Anyone see the XR2 episode this week?
                            My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Seems my TiVo recorded it for me without me asking. Awesome, I will watch it tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                              X