Subsonic + Android App?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subsonic + Android App?

Hey guys, after getting help and advice in my Spotify thread I have been recommended a solution that seems to suit me.

I was recommended Subsonic - anyone use it? If so would they be so helpful and point me in the right direction on how to set it up. Haven't a clue. I got it working on Wifi with my phone but when I switch my wifi off it doesn't connect.

Also the search function didn't work!

Well you could buy a host, or run it from your PC, one requiring you to leave your PC online when you want it. However you could do some magic with WoL and the such.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
    i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
    Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Naphta View Post
      Well you could buy a host, or run it from your PC, one requiring you to leave your PC online when you want it. However you could do some magic with WoL and the such.
      Yeah I'd like the option of not having my PC on, so a host seems to be the way to go. What is the WoL etc?

Comment

Originally posted by nickc View Post
        Yeah I'd like the option of not having my PC on, so a host seems to be the way to go. What is the WoL etc?
        Wake on LAN, quite slow and tedious however and if I recall your router would have to support several things to even forward the packet.

I'd personally go host, I think theres one for $10.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
        i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
        Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Subsonic opens a port on your router via uPnP and if you've registered it, then you get a [username].subsonic.com domain name that works like dyndns (ie you'll be forwarded from that domain to your home).

You need to have a PC / server running with you music on for Subsonic to work as it doesn't store your music in the cloud. It literally runs a subsonic service at home that you connect to via a Spotify-like app or via the web interface.

Comment

Working...
          X