The Aria Metal Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Aria Metal Thread

Ok, so I've had a search and can't seem to find any threads discussing the heavier side of music. Surely I can't be the only metalhead on here?

I love most types of music, but Metal has always remained a firm favourite of mine for the past 10 years or so.

So I thought I'd create this thread so that my fellow metal lovers and myself can discuss all that is to do with this glorious genre

I'll start off by saying that I'm currently listening to Sonata Arctica, and that I think they're awesome. I'm going to Bloodstock this year and they're playing, and I can't bloody wait
    i5 760 @ 4.01GHz, 4GB DDR3, Sapphire 6870, Soundblaster X-Fi

Metallica, Iron Maiden, A7X, Killswitch and more. Metallica has to be my favourite at the moment though.
    ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Metalllica, Slayer, Guns 'N Roses, Korn, Drowning Pool.

As well as some Dr Dre and B.I.G

Comment

At the moment I'm into In Flames and Disturbed but most of my music library is metal.
        Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

One of my favourite bands at the moment is Sylosis.

I've seen them live twice and both times they've blown me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKQYQ9sNWiE

Comment

For those who don't understand the difference between different types of metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZ18recO9A
            Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
            Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

That was awesome, thanks for that haha.

Comment

I love the metulz

Comment

A lot of the stuff mentioned early on in this thread is light music.

Death Metal > that lot.

I like so much music it's hard to classify different genres these days really, but I do love a bit of death metal every now and then. Went and saw Decapitated live as well as Phasm and a couple of other supporting artists. Good stuff.

Lately though I've mostly been in the mood for lighter things like Five Finger Death Punch, and the occasional American Head Charge album.
                  fd photography | XBL: FinalD | DA

Comment

dont listen to the new screamo/metal bands but do love a bit of metallica, korn, limp bizkit, ac/dc, iron maiden. but i do prefer a bit of gabber - such as this .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZSVjFCFASc
                    Currently Do Not Have A Rig!

Comment

nile = awesome
                      decapitated = awesome

not really a big fan of american BS bands though tbh ;D im a bigger fan of european black metal tbh

Comment

Dragonforce anyone?
                        ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.95 GHz | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 2x8GB @ 3333 MHz C14 | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 OC | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850w | be quiet! Pure Base 600 Tempered Glass | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F

Comment

Originally posted by I3r0k3N7FEET View Post
                          nile = awesome
                          decapitated = awesome

not really a big fan of american BS bands though tbh ;D im a bigger fan of european black metal tbh
                          Phasm are French.

Met them after the gig and had a good old chat with them, brilliant guys.

DragonForce is NOT metal. Prog Rock.
                          fd photography | XBL: FinalD | DA

Comment

Working...
                          X