Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Gran Torino at the weekend, absolutely brilliant film, best I have seen in a long time. Eastwood is a legend. If you haven't seen it yet you really must. It's now in my Blu-ray collection.

and Red at the cinema, pretty good but I wouldn't buy it on Blu-ray I don't think.

Also watched Mr & Mrs Smith which was only any good because Angelina Jolie is hot.

Originally posted by Gav View Post
    Had a bit of a Natalie Portman day yesterday and watched Léon and V For Vendetta both in 1080p goodness. Marvellous
    I have Leon, one of my favourites along with Sin City and a few others.

Comment

• I watched "the Fourth Kind" (technically 48 hours ago though). What an absolute load of rubbish. Someone lent it to my gf convinced it was real footage. I said after about 2 mins it was just an attempt at a Blair Witch type thing. The person who owns the DVD wont have it though, still convinced it's real !

Comment

• I started to watch the fourth kind and turned it off after abnout 15 mins.
        I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

• Watched Toy Story 3 recently, really enjoyed it considering my age!
          i7 3770K + Phanteks PH-TC14PE Black | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Vengeance LP Arctic White | GTX670 4GB | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | BeQuiet 850W PSU | Silverstone RV02-E White | Dell U3011 30" |

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
            Watched Toy Story 3 recently, really enjoyed it considering my age!
            Toy Story 3 is my favourite film of the year !

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
              Watched Toy Story 3 recently, really enjoyed it considering my age!
              Brilliant film. I don't think I've ever laughed so much while watching another film. The bit where Mr Potato head is walking around as a pancake had me doubled over.
              i5 760 @ 4.01GHz, 4GB DDR3, Sapphire 6870, Soundblaster X-Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by Gav View Post
                Brilliant film. I don't think I've ever laughed so much while watching another film. The bit where Mr Potato head is walking around as a pancake had me doubled over.
                Yeah that bit and Spanish Buzz were some of the funniest moments, although the story and voice acting was excellent as always.

Looks like it is contention for an oscar, which would be well deserved if it won.

Originally posted by scottmac View Post
                Toy Story 3 is my favourite film of the year !
                I've not seen that many 2010 films tbh, but even so I can see why!
                i7 3770K + Phanteks PH-TC14PE Black | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Vengeance LP Arctic White | GTX670 4GB | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | BeQuiet 850W PSU | Silverstone RV02-E White | Dell U3011 30" |

Comment

• I watched "Blow" last night, it was very good. I'd reccomend it. My one criticisim of it is that Depp is almost too much like Hunter S Thompson (which he played) in Fear and Loathing...

I also watched 25th hour. With Edward Norton. It is probably his best performance (yes, i have seen fight club). It's the best film i've seen this year. But quite sad at the end.

I've been watching a lot of new films lately, i'm subb'd to this thread for reccomendations.

Comment

• Watched Toy story 3 last night, excellent film.

Today, so far:-

Interview, what a strange little film!
                    Watching the Detectives, quite funny
                    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Comment

• hmmm Double Post

Watched Irana Palm this evening, a superb film, highly recommend this one!

Comment

• Whip It !!!

Just finished watching Drew Barrymores first effort at directing, and it was better than watching Pudsey

The plot is a familiar one, rebel of a teenager get's in with a crowd mum and dad don't want her too. She then does well and gets mum and dad backing.

It didn't set alight early one, the first 15 minutes are story setting and as it's a familiar story, it probably spends a little too long doing so. There are a few funny things that do make you LOL, but easy to miss. I wasn't sure what genre the film was destined for, not quite comedy, not sports, not teenager. But that added to the overall charm of the flic in my opinion.

Worth a watch when it comes on telly, unless you're a fan, not worth a rent though. If you went to the cinema, I would have felt a little short changed I think with todays prices.

Once again though, and enjoyable evening with a film and a bottle of wine and all using the postie and net - LoveFilm FTW

DT.
                        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

• Bad Lieutenant

Not really sure what the overall jist of this film was about but it had some close ups of reptiles. That maybe sums it up I'm not sure... Nicolas Cage plays a cop recently promoted to Lieutenant but suffers a back injury in doing so. He needs to take medication for basically the rest of his life to deal with the pain, he soon swaps the prescription stuff for something harder.

There is a loose plot about a mass murder and then getting some baddie but I'm really not too sure what's going on most of the time. Had its moments of laughter here and there and some shocking stuff too.

You watch it and decide for yourself!
                          Rubber Ducks Airsoft

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
                            hmmm Double Post

Watched Irana Palm this evening, a superb film, highly recommend this one!
                            Yeah, excellent film that!

Comment

• Watched the Book of Eli the other day and it was absolutely awful, worst film im seen in a long time. So i felt like i had to redeem myself.

I watched Machete. Funniest thing ive seen in a long time

Comment

• Paranormal Activity. I've kinda seen it before, but with some mates and while beering it up so wasn't really paying attention and didn't get the benefit of the scary bits.

This time though I watched it alone, in a completely empty house in the pitch black darkness and I have no problems admitting it got me a couple of times. The crazy footprints in the powder and step ladder scene freaked me out a bit ("JESUS CHRIST DONT GO UP THERE YOU NUTTER!"), but the dragging scene and the final night properly got the heart going. More than anything it was that final scream after she walks down stairs... man, it's described as "blood curdling" in the online plot synopsis and they were right, probably the most convincing scream i've ever heard in a film.

Still boring in the day time bits and definately a slow burner but those last few nights were good watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X