This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
    Went and seen Suicide Squad this afternoon and was not all that good. It wasn't terrible mind you just not as good as it could have been.

I'd only give it a 6/10.
    I saw it yesterday and agree. Maybe only 5/10...and there are going to be more in the series, with the justice league

Comment

• Have to agree it is about a 6. One thing I thought was excellent was the soundtrack.
      Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

• I watched the shallows the other night, it kept me gripped till the end. For a shark film it was very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdxIlSuB70

Not sure what's happening with the YT link but try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdxIlSuB70

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

• Bad Education

This is on the same kind of lines as the first Inbetweeners movie - albeit not as good as. That said, I still laughed at a few points and did generally enjoyed the film. It was a nice break from Hollywood and fun to watch characters I'm already familiar with. Sadly though, like many of the TV show episodes, it's not something you'd want to rewatch often.

7/10 first sitting
          2/10 replayability

Comment

• Sat in the cinema, about to watch suicide squad. I've heard mixed reviews about it, so it's gonna be interesting.
            I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK
            Originally posted by Ninjacat
            yes it was hard, fast and im covered in lube
            Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
            LOL- well... to be going for 2 hours that kids got Stamina! Watch out ladies!
            Originally posted by Salad Soup
            It's a bit worrying you want to see me in Lycra ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Huge Pear View Post
              Sat in the cinema, about to watch suicide squad. I've heard mixed reviews about it, so it's gonna be interesting.
              Make sure you've got your phone on silent.

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                Make sure you've got your phone on silent.
                Always turn it off. Been caught out before.

Anyway I enjoyed the film. There are a few things that are a bit annoying but other than that it was rather good. I'd say 7/10 film.
                I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK
                Originally posted by Ninjacat
                yes it was hard, fast and im covered in lube
                Originally posted by Turbo Porridge
                LOL- well... to be going for 2 hours that kids got Stamina! Watch out ladies!
                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                It's a bit worrying you want to see me in Lycra ....

Comment

• I watched CREED last night.

Rocky spin off. Wasn't as good as the other Rocky films plus I notice unlike the others Stallone wasn't behind this one.

5/10 - shame.
                  GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

• Watched a few:

With the kids:

Ice Age (whatever the newest one is called)
                    5/10 - ok if you have kids into Dinosaurs. Pretty rubbish otherwise.

Zootropolis (Confusingly also released as Zootopia)
                    7.5/10 - While this film is very much aimed at kids rather than being a family movie, it's still a pretty fun watch. And I love the level of detail in the city.

With the wife:

The Martian:
                    7/10 - A lot more humour in the movie than I was expecting, which was needed.

Comment

• Captain America - Civil War:

4/10 - boring, one dimensional and no substance - only endless fight scenes. At least the other Marvel films had a plot and a comedy element to them. This was basically just 2 and a half hours of egotistical men fighting in silly costumes for no real reason - not helped by limited screen time the female cast had.

Comment

• Captain America - Civil War:

4/10 - boring, one dimensional and no substance - only endless fight scenes. At least the other Marvel films had a plot and a comedy element to them. This was basically just 2 and a half hours of egotistical men fighting in silly costumes for no real reason - not helped by limited screen time the female cast had.

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
                          Captain America - Civil War:

i felt it was slow paced and boring as hell. Same as batman v superman, Maybe im getting old but all these comic book films just feel too long drop it down to under 2 hours. Its hard enough work trying to teach my wife about the marvel and DC universes. Then she gets to the end of batman superman and asks what she missed in the middle half hour while she was napping.
                          My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                            i felt it was slow paced and boring as hell. Same as batman v superman, Maybe im getting old but all these comic book films just feel too long drop it down to under 2 hours. Its hard enough work trying to teach my wife about the marvel and DC universes. Then she gets to the end of batman superman and asks what she missed in the middle half hour while she was napping.

Comment

• I thought Civil War was very good (8/10).
                              Well paced, good humour, alright plot and not over the top with action in this day and age.

Batman V Superman could comfortably sit in the 4/10 category though.

Comment

• Funny how two people can watch the same movie and have such polarised opinions of it.

X-Men Apocalypse

7/10: I went in with low expectations - partly because I get so bored of overly dramatic "end of the world" plots and wasn't the biggest fan of the previous X-Men movies either. However I really enjoyed this one. In fact I would probably say it's one of the best in the franchise.

I am a little biased though because Jennifer Lawrence and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones) are both very watchable and I do have a passing interest in ancient egyptian culture - which also featured quite heavily in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X