This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waba View Post
    Gravity was being reshown at the IMAX thus weekend. I hadn't seen it before, but the filming was incredible - no idea how they shot most of it. Sandra bullock, however, makes me shiver...seen her in too many bad movies now yo think anything else! And George clooney isn't much better..
    I really liked Clooney in Gravity. Bullock, though, was true to her namesake.

Comment

• Originally posted by cold fusion View Post
      I really liked Clooney in Gravity. Bullock, though, was true to her namesake.
      OK you are right, he was quite good in it. But his smile gives me the heebie jeebies.

Comment

• Originally posted by waba View Post
        OK you are right, he was quite good in it. But his smile gives me the heebie jeebies.

Comment

• The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

I enjoyed it. A few unpredictable moments, which is impressive given the genre and it's target audience. While this wouldn't be remembered as one of greats when people think of epic Sci-Fi / fantasy sagas, I did enjoy the series and I do think this last chapter finishes things nicely

Score:
          6.5/10 (as a movie)
          7/10 (as a series)

The Good Dinosaur

Think the opening sequence in Up - the part before the movie properly started - and you get the entirety of this dull yawn-fest. But what I don't get is who this movie is supposed to be aimed at. There's scenes that seem badly judged for kids watching (fight scenes, aggressive language), yet the rest of movie is far too childish for adults. And the whole thing is far too dull for anyone to watch in one sitting. I'll admit I'm not generally the biggest fan of Pixars to begin with (Monsters Inc was pretty cool though), but even my son - who is obsessed with dinosaurs was board senseless with this film. The one good thing about this movie is the CGI backdrop - which is amazing. But sadly the characters look too cartoony against the photo-realistic scenery. Which leaves me wondering if this movie was just intended to be a demo of some new in-house software - like those fancy demos that graphics cards used to come with - that accidentally got turned into a film. In any case, don't bother. Not even if you've got kids who like dinosaurs. Just don't.

Score: 3/10

The Wizard

80s family movie. My wife used to love this when she was a kid and since it features computer games (at times it actually feels more like an advert for Nintendo than a movie!!) and is suitable to watch with the kids, we thought we'd throw it on one afternoon. It actually turned out to be quite a fun film. Very much a product of the late 80s, but still enjoyable even without the nostalgia element.

Score: 7/10
          Last edited by cold fusion; 21-03-16, 00:18.

Comment

• The Judge 2014

Superb film although quite long >2hrs.

Robert Downey JR at his best possibly?
            I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

• Insurgent

Basically just Divergent part 2. Not as good as the first movie. While it did have some nice moments, it was pretty naff on the whole. However I've seen much worse.

Score 6 / 10.

Comment

• Deadpool....

A grown ups Marvel Film..... thoroughly enjoyed it but the wife did not like all the sarcasm ( very much like Blade Trinity ).....thin story line but Ryan Reynolds was actually very good...

Score 8 / 10
                posted by scrivz69
                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• The Jacket - 2005 Psychological thriller/horror with Adrien Brody, Keira Knightley, Daniel Craig and Kris Kristofferson - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366627/
                  I only know it because parts of it were shot at an old Hospital near me, and this was my 3rd viewing of it.

I've seen The Butterfly Effect referenced when talking about this film but I've never seen that so can't compare.
                  The whole aspect of altering? the present through the future though was well done and just an all round good movie to me.

Score 8/10
                  "They're gonna find out
                  I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                  But they're gonna find out
                  And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Kung fury

&

Turbo Kid

Both on Netlix. Both awesome.
                    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

• Hardcore Henry 8/10 a bit bloody
                      i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

• The boy.

It was quite good for about an hour and then it turned to poo, same old ending seen in many other films.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

• Been hitting the DC straight to DVD archives after enjoying both the second season of DareDevil and the latest Batman, plus looking forward to Suicide Squad. Ploughed through a load of Batman/Superman/Justice league films and think my favorite was Batman Vs the Elite if only for the atrocious English accent of Manchester Black and his frequent use of a word that the Yanks don't count as rude but you can be sure as hell is in the Aria swear filter.

Rhymes with "banker".
                          Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

• Been hitting the DC straight to DVD archives after enjoying both the second season of DareDevil and the latest Batman, plus looking forward to Suicide Squad. Ploughed through a load of Batman/Superman/Justice league films and think my favorite was Batman Vs the Elite if only for the atrocious English accent of Manchester Black and his frequent use of a word that the Yanks don't count as rude but you can be sure as hell is in the Aria swear filter.

Rhymes with "banker".
                            Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

• First double post ever (I think)

Comment

• Went and seen Suicide Squad this afternoon and was not all that good. It wasn't terrible mind you just not as good as it could have been.

I'd only give it a 6/10.
                                "They're gonna find out
                                I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                                But they're gonna find out
                                And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Working...
                                X