This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside out

Brilliant (but I did smuggle in aa bottleof vodka so might not be accurate)

Comment

• I last watched Ex-Machina. What a film!

Get a signature of your own?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
        I last watched Ex-Machina. What a film!
        i really want to go to norway again!

marvelous, really enjoyable

Comment

• Nightcrawler which wasn't bad despite not knowing anything about it.
          "They're gonna find out
          I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
          But they're gonna find out
          And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Man from UNCLE - good simple tongue-in-cheek action film.
            Follow me @twitter

Comment

• Pixels

Terrible movie. Just awful. That said, there were some genuine laugh out loud moments and it is actually pretty nerdy compared to your average American comedy. So all in all, it's actually a pretty fun film. Definitely one you need to watch with low expectations though.

6/10

Comment

• Pixels

Terrible movie. Just awful. That said, there were some genuine laugh out loud moments and it is actually pretty nerdy compared to your average American comedy. So all in all, it's actually a pretty fun film. Definitely one you need to watch with low expectations though.

6/10

Comment

• Furious 7

Pretty much along the same lines as the previous movies, however I can't help thinking they "jumped the shark" with this instalment. The ending seemed a nice tribute to Paul Walker though. All in all, not their best, but still worth watching if you've already committed to the series. Not really sure where they can go from here though; if they do may another (which I believe they've already said they are) then they'd probably need to go back to basics.

5/10
                  Last edited by cold fusion; 15-11-15, 12:27.

Comment

• Barely Lethal. Stupid movie with Samuel L Jackson and Jessica Alba (which should be enough for almost anybody ). About a teenage assassin who just wants a normal high school life.

Average film probably a 5 or 6 at most out of 10.
                    Removed my picture as I have now sold it all

Comment

• Hunger games - First three movies

In preparation for the final film coming out next week which I'll review after I've watched it. Obviously aimed at teenage market but my take on it. BTW, I've read the books,
                      First film - Good film on its own right. Cut bits of the story out to make it fit but worth watch - 7/10
                      Second film - Suffers a bit because it similar to the first film, those who know the story will know why - 6/10
                      Third film - Not truly terrible but much like Harry Potter and deathly hallows Part 1, you know the real story is yet to come. Bunch of characters who will become important but you don't get a real feel for them - 6/10

Comment

• As good as it gets.

Is Jack Nicholson the greatest actor of my generation?
                        I can't recall a single film where I didn't believe I was watching the actual character. You forget it's an actor. Utter genius.
                        Plus, I have a secret love for Helen Hunt too.
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        the trails is where life flows best
                        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                          Depends, are you also almost 80?

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                            As good as it gets.

I can't recall a single film where I didn't believe I was watching the actual character. You forget it's an actor. Utter genius.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• Originally posted by heavywater View Post
                              Depends, are you also almost 80?
                              Feel it. Most days
                              the trails is where life flows best
                              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• I've watched quite a few films over the last week or so. Some recent, some old. And a mixture of box office and obscure titles as well. Here's my reviews:

Godzilla (2014)

It's pretty much what you'd expect from a film of that ilk. Big monster battles, lots of explosions and cities getting leveled. Honestly though, it was still better than I was expecting. Albeit it has very little re-watchability aside drooling over the predictably good special effects.

Score: 7 / 10

Oversexed Rugsuckers from Mars

I stumbled across this low budgets 80's sci-fi comedy-horror on IMDB and wish I hadn't. The description sounds amusing (sentient killer hovers) but that doesn't translate on film. In fact there's literally nothing redeemable about this piece of crap.

Score: 0 / 10 (probably deserves a negative value)

Inside Out

Watched this with my son. Lots of potential but the middle part of the movie is just dull. However the jokes at the start and end did make me LOL in real life.

Score: 6 / 10

Galaxy Quest

Seen before. We all know the score. Re-watched due to recent circumstances . And enjoyed it a lot more than I remembered it.

Score: 7.5 / 10

Silent Running

70's sci-fi. Starts off with real potential then quickly descends into dull nothingness. I'm really starting to wonder if there was any good science fiction movies released in the 70s....

Score: 4.5 / 10

Cooties

Another comedy-horror. This time about a zombie outbreak in a primary school. Again, this has lots of potential, but fails to realise any of that. The script is bad, the acting is bad. In fact there's a number of quite respectable actors in this movie but their performance just doesn't stand a chance. The whole thing feels like a media student's college project.

Score: 2.5 / 10
                                Last edited by cold fusion; 15-02-16, 11:38. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X