Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've not watched any of them. I understand they are a bit on the dodgy side.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

• marvel age of ultron, meh, bit underwhelmed, think it struggled in a post guardians world

the dictator, stupid but good fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Marv View Post
        For me, I liked the first one, the second and Tokyo drift... for different reasons. The rest I found really boring and janky, like all they focused on was the stunts forgetting all about the interesting characters. Some really poor forced comedy at times. I definitely find it hard to separate what happened in any but the previously mentioned.
        After Tokyo Drift they start to develop a story arc so it's somewhat understandable to get them mixed up (I struggle too).

In my personal opinion, Tokyo Drift was the best movie. Granted the acting was terrible and plot even worse. But #3 had the best sound track, far more interesting driving styles (drag races are dull) and it's set in Japan (instawin)

Comment

• Supernova - one of the films on Nexflix atm.

1/5 - total shite.
          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

• Has anybody gone to see Mad Max yet? I wanted to go on Sunday but was working, haven't had an opportunity to ask those that went for their opinion.
            Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by Broadsword1976 View Post
              Has anybody gone to see Mad Max yet? I wanted to go on Sunday but was working, haven't had an opportunity to ask those that went for their opinion.
              Not yet but I'm considering giving it a go as the reviews seem very positive.

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

• saw it on saturday 9/10
                i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

• John Dies at the End (2012)

Bizarre horror/comedy. Probably a bit of a hidden gem in my eyes.

They had me at... 'Director of Phantasm'.

i7 4960X, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus Sabertooth x79, Sapphire 290 4gb, Win10 pro 64.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broadsword1976 View Post
                    Has anybody gone to see Mad Max yet? I wanted to go on Sunday but was working, haven't had an opportunity to ask those that went for their opinion.
                    was supposed to be going tomorrow night, but the missus is working late
                    bit disappointed, it looks good, even if the run time is slightly worrying for a film of that sort...

Comment

• Ex Machina 6.5/10

Great atmosphere and soundtrack - could have been so much better without the predicable and what seemed to be cut short ending .......
                      flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Saw Mad Max yesterday, it is really good, a sort of reboot of mad Max 2.

Its a very crazy throw back to the 80's, the only negative thing is that its a 15 and even though there is plenty of action and the two massive set pieces are epic its lacking in actual violence.

Still well worth a watch.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Mrs took me to Pizza Hut and then to watch Mad Max after..... I have to say I was underwhelmed ...... agree with EW's it is a very similar story to the Road warrior ( a lot less Mad Max dialogue ).The old girl bikers were good...... and like EW I was expecting more violence.... maybe that's why I did not enjoy as much as I was hoping..a good watch if you have nothing better to watch.... I give it a 6.5 out of 10... wouldn't watch again unless it was on Prime/Netflix/Now Tv

Also watched Chappie on Saturday.... Now I enjoyed that.... more of a Robocop on Steroids ( even the ED209 equivalent makes a showing...) enjoyable film once you get used to the SA accents 9 out of 10 will watch again..
                          posted by scrivz69
                          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                            Mrs took me to Pizza Hut and then to watch Mad Max after..... I have to say I was underwhelmed ...... agree with EW's it is a very similar story to the Road warrior ( a lot less Mad Max dialogue ).The old girl bikers were good...... and like EW I was expecting more violence.... maybe that's why I did not enjoy as much as I was hoping..a good watch if you have nothing better to watch.... I give it a 6.5 out of 10... wouldn't watch again unless it was on Prime/Netflix/Now Tv

Also watched Chappie on Saturday.... Now I enjoyed that.... more of a Robocop on Steroids ( even the ED209 equivalent makes a showing...) enjoyable film once you get used to the SA accents 9 out of 10 will watch again..
                            i really enjoyed chappie, i like it when films just tell you a stroy rather than set upa trillogy

he was my fav robot till B max from big hero 6, which i just watched and enjoyed

Comment

• Big hero 6 is a 10/10..... but dont tell anyone I said that
                              posted by scrivz69
                              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                                Big hero 6 is a 10/10..... but dont tell anyone I said that
                                not sure id go that far

i think bar b max the film isnt the best, but he is great

Comment

Working...
                                X