I got an issue with a pidgeon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an issue with a pidgeon.

Ok, in the grand scheme of things, not one of lifes biggest problems, however....

I opened my garage this morning and there was a pidgeon (well I think it was a pidgeon) on the floor in front of me. I moved out of the way so it could fly out, but it didn't go. I got close to it and I can see tags on its ancles and it seems to be pretty tame, then it flew up into the rafters.

What the hell do I do? I put some water and a bit of food down for it.

I don't want a new pet pidgeon, (plus its shitting all over my motorbike ) and I dont just want to kill it or something because it looks like someone owns it.
    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

If it has tags it's most likely a homing pigeon that's got lost.

Grab it and chuck it outside, it should be able to find its way back.

Comment

As said above, if it has tags it's likely to be a racing pigeon. What the pigeon is doing is having a rest from flying and is using your garage for safety from predators. It will either fly out when it's ready (if you leave the garage door open for a while) or you'll have to grab it, call the number on the tag and the owner will let you know what to do.

Someone had something similar happen down here and the pigeon was found to be an Irish racer and the owner paid to have it shipped back to Ireland.

Added after 2 minutes:

Read through this guidance from the Royal Pigeon Racing Association

http://www.rpra.org/stray-reporting/
      Last edited by WR1989UK; 09-09-14, 09:19.
      The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

We didn't get any messages, and Budforce definitely did not shoot that delicious plump-breasted pigeon.
        My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

I reckon its perching in safety, away from a hungry fox
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Broom. Tap it repeatedly. Best to do it when the sun is up with the door wide open - pigeons arent actually stupid. If its being repeatedly attacked it will leave the 'cave'.

Oh and I stress tap.....dont want to hurt it to the point it cant run away

Comment

Wait a second. What you're telling us, then, is: you took a phot of a bird?

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
                What the hell do I do?
                take some advise from this guy .....

use these

Sorry, but patience has never been our strongest virtue.
                i5 2500k
                | H80 | Gigabyte UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaw 2x (4gb) | 1tb WD HHD | 1tb Samsung f3 | 2tb Seagate Green (Game Drive) | 256 M4 SSD | Sapphire 6950 | Fracture R3 Black

Comment

Set Mutley on it!
                  I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                  Dave Burnett

Comment

OK, when I get home I will open the garage right up and hopefully it will fly out now that its had a rest and some water.

The thing says not to give it bread but I did... I did also put some bird seed down so hopefully it just eats that.
                    GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

It won't want to leave with all the pampering now :lol.:
                      Originally posted by Aaron
                      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Jesus, so I have it out on the patio and have few it and given it water and it wont bugger off. It just wonders around the patio.

I have used that website to report it lost, and have put the bird into a cat carrier to keep it safe (and all over my motorbike).

Last edited by Black Knight; 09-09-14, 18:54.
                        GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

A bird phot thread that truly delivers

Reckon you've done everything you can - Will be eagerly following developments.
                          Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Wow, I got an auto email response with the address of the owner, he lives in Sleaford in Lincolnshire, and I live in Ramsey Mereside in Cambridgeshire, just under 50 miles as the pigeon flies.
                            GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

You got a shotgun?

Comment

Working...
                              X