NOOOOOOOOOOOO! (and also Bits Boxes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
    Actually have a food bag with every screw for PC in it.
    Couple of smaller bags within for some that I keep separate.

All other PC tinkering bits together in a plastic tub and cables in an empty nappy box.
    Apart from the nappy bit, same here.

Added after 3 minutes:

Originally posted by Broadsword1976 View Post
    Would that be one of those unspeakable many-tentacled horror kinds of boxes? *shudder*
    I don't know if I found the idea here, but I keep old loo rolls and stick them end up in a cardboard box that once held stuff sent from Aria.

Then stuff carefully rolled cables into loo rolls to keep them separate and so that you can see what they are.
    Last edited by michaelkenward; 05-08-14, 12:42.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Originally posted by mikerr View Post
      I feel your pain (and only laughed a little, honest )

Mine are in those draper mini draw storage cabinet thingies:

The drawers can all tip out if the whole thing moves forward though, so they are leaning back slightly, and secured
      I use one of these too for all my bits, screws ram cpus ect.

for my cables i have one of these:

I have an issue where it all needs to be tidy and organised, grinds my gears otherwise

Comment

I've got mixed screws, cables and other assorted useful junk stuffed into various containers all over the show... Under the stairs, in the cupboard by my desk, on my desk, in the attic, the shed, under the kitchen sink... Cardboard boxes, biscuit tins, jam jars, all sorts... Probably should go through it all and see what's actually still useful... I'm sure some of it's been obsolete for at least 5 years
        Why did the chicken cross the road?
        To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

I use to sort my resistors like that. Now they have ended up in a single large container...

Comment

I keep all old leftover screws from pc cases etc in my noctua nh-d14 box inside a little plastic ziploc baggie. Tools are kept everywhere - drawers, on top of the fridge, in the shed.

Comment

Mine have a tab on the back of the drawers which stop them coming out unless you tilt it upwards to prevent this sort of stuff. =)

Mine are full of electronic components though. You can imagine the disaster zone it would be if they came out. Xd
              Last edited by Cosford; 06-08-14, 10:11.
              Originally posted by andyn
              Trick in most cases seems to be to get in early, and get out early. Pump and dump.
              PC: - i5-3570k, Mushkin 64gb SSD, 8GB Vengeance, MSI Twin Frozr III 7850.
              Laptop: - Asus N55SF, Core i7-2670QM, GT555M (2GB).

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                I don't know if I found the idea here, but I keep old loo rolls and stick them end up in a cardboard box that once held stuff sent from Aria.

Then stuff carefully rolled cables into loo rolls to keep them separate and so that you can see what they are.
                I was reminded of the same system reading yesterday (think it was a Lifehack article or something posted either here or FB) Think I'd give it a go but maybe use short cut-offs of PVC pipe instead? It would look better and be harder wearing wouldn't it?

Anyway, I got major Deja vu when the Hyper boxes turned up here so it's possible there's been a bits box talk in a previous thread

My blood presure has returned to normal, as has the box:

Oh the treasure!

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gray.woodford View Post
                  I use one of these too for all my bits, screws ram cpus ect.

for my cables i have one of these:

I have an issue where it all needs to be tidy and organised, grinds my gears otherwise

I could do with something like this for my bike parts, and tools, constantly cobbling bits together when working on it, drives me insane.
                  Originally posted by Aaron
                  I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Coiler you need a hyper psu box

we might have some spare..............
                    i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

ORYL!
                      Originally posted by Aaron
                      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

On my HP microserver all the screws you will ever require are screwed into the inside of the door with the torx driver required.

With all PC cases did that.

I have several cable boxes but my screw collection is far from orderly. Been meaning to tidy it up for ages.
                        Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

Right now i have a single small compartmentalised box with various PC screws and such in it and the rest of PC stuff in case box and various other boxes
                          Fed up of my current unorganisation though so going to get the plastic drawer unit from the loft, gut it out and clean it then re-purpose it for all my essential PC parts, screw and anything else that is useful to have especially if i have to work on friends and family's PC's at random times when i usually have to go rooting for buts and bobs.
                          "They're gonna find out
                          I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                          But they're gonna find out
                          And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

Working...
                          X