NOOOOOOOOOOOO! (and also Bits Boxes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOOOOOOOOOOOO! (and also Bits Boxes)

My Ronco Assorter took a tumble last night, almost every painstakingly separated form and factor of screw, pin and plug used in my general day to day 'putering cast upon the floor in an obscene, chaotic orgy.

Apologies for the crappy pic but my hands were shaking with shock and suppressed rage.

Still after a few hours it was all back together . What do you lot keep your bits in? or what was your last NOOOOOO! moment?

and yes...that PC in the background is pink. It's a project. Honest.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Actually have a food bag with every screw for PC in it.
    Couple of smaller bags within for some that I keep separate.

All other PC tinkering bits together in a plastic tub and cables in an empty nappy box.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonchester View Post
      and cables in an empty nappy box.
      Would that be one of those unspeakable many-tentacled horror kinds of boxes? *shudder*
      Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5.AMD FX8150 @3.5Ghz. 8Gb Mushkin Redline, MSI 7950 TFIII BE, 120Gb Mushkin Chronos + 256Gb Crucial M4 + 2x2Tb F3 Spinpoint Eco-Greens + 1x 3Tb Seagate. Antec 900 Watt PSU . Windows 10 Pro

Comment

oh whoops
        I use the same thing, but x2 and a lot smaller (easier to handle when I have to take them out and about)

Comment

Got a couple of these

i5 2500K, Asus P8Z68-v/Gen3, Onboard gpu ,16gb Geil Black dragon, 250gb Samsung 850, 4.5tb storage, Asus Xonar D2 , Fractal R3, Dell U2312HM

Comment

I feel your pain (and only laughed a little, honest )

Mine are in those draper mini draw storage cabinet thingies:

The drawers can all tip out if the whole thing moves forward though, so they are leaning back slightly, and secured
            Follow me @twitter

Comment

Originally posted by nft99 View Post
              Got a couple of these

snap, I've got one of those too
              still got the PSU as well. still works like a charm.

Comment

A quite understandable reaction. Looking at that pink case makes me want to throw things on the floor as well.

So, when will you be COMING OUT with the details of your new project?

All your spoon are belong to us

Comment

Thread of the week A+++++++ endored 5*****

Reckon that would drive some peoples OCD off the chart!

I have an old fish food tub full O screws, all assorted and mixed. Rest of me IT bits are in a box in the attic.
                  Originally posted by Aaron
                  I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by Broadsword1976 View Post
                    Would that be one of those unspeakable many-tentacled horror kinds of boxes? *shudder*
                    not quite that bad,, well actually yes. who am I kidding. THing is, most of the cables should just be binned as they will never be used but I just have to keep them... you never know...

Comment

Got one of those front-opening vertical bits boxes, where for some stupid reason all the doors have to open together. Hate the thing, and it has resulted in a few of 'those' moments.

Comment

i got a 5 and quarter inch storage box that came with an on old pc case i had from thermaltacky came in handy tbh and i use it to store standoffs and screws in also have a draper draw of doom.. which has anything from 1992 ddr ram with a whole bank of chips on it yet only has 12mb tops. also have old soundcard/ethernet in one jobbies in them from old dell/ibm pc's hell i even have a few floopy drives with classic games and even windows op systems on them somewhere in that drawer of doom..
                        Bitfenix shinobi Limited Germany edition. 3 spectre 120 & 2 spectre 140fans. Core i5 3570k ,msi z77a g45,8gb gskill sniper,infinity black edition gtx 970, samsung 840 120gb ssd, samsung F1 750gb, WD cavier black 500gb, seagate barcuda 1tb,+320gb, win 7 ultimate 64, acer 23" 3dG235H microsoft CC keyboard, logitech G500 mouse

Comment

Got a Woolworths 10 compartment organiser box with all the screws sorted into type and thread, along with standoffs and fan fixings (screws and rubber thingies) which lives in one of 2 Hiper Type R boxes along with various cables and accessories.

Still got a 580W Type R but my 530W expired a few years ago.
                          I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDzkyplitE
                            Originally posted by omega
                            He's trying to lick the inside of his brain though, doesn't that count for something??

|EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper SLI|Intel Core i7 5820K |Gigabyte X99-UD4P|8GB 2133Mhz Hyper X Fury DDR4|2x 120GB Samsung 850 Evo Raid0|3.0TB WD Green|Corsair 650W|LG 29UB65-P|
                            All bundled in a Enthoo Primo under Water.

Comment

Also
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                              Originally posted by BigIan88
                              turn off that sexy nonsense
                              Originally posted by Salad Soup
                              turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X