The Potentially Controversial E-Cig Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by David84 View Post
    nice kit mate i take it you've got experience with 18650's where do you get yours from and what do you charge them on
    please do elaborate
    Thanks.

Yeah, I've previously used several mech mods with sub-ohm builds so I have quite a few decent 18350's and 18560's. I like Torchythebatteryboy's batteries from ebay as they perform very well although I mainly use the purple 35A 2500mAh Efests now.
    Either way you always should get an unprotected IMR battery. The protected ones won't work due to the high current draw and the standard LIon batteries tend to catch fire...
    I get the Efests from GreyHaze as they are genuine and there are a lot of fakes on the market. I have a Niticore Intellicharger i4 but the IPV2-X has built in USB charging if I'm being lazy.

The plan is to upgrade to a better RTA like a billow so I can do sub-ohm builds without worrying about melting something.
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• thanks for the info bud defo grab some of those efest bats when the need arises was thinking of getting a rba deck for my atty but wondering if i should just grab a rta, that billow looks the dogs and i also like the look of the fogger v6
      Intel Core i3 3240¦ Asrock z75 pro-3¦ 8GB's Mushkin Blackline LV¦ Asus GTX550 TI¦ 600W Be Quiet¦ Noctua NH-U12P¦ 1920x1080 BenQ G2222HDL¦ OCZ Agility 3 60GB¦ Lian-Li P50 Armorsuit¦

Comment

• Originally posted by David84 View Post
        thanks for the info bud defo grab some of those efest bats when the need arises was thinking of getting a rba deck for my atty but wondering if i should just grab a rta, that billow looks the dogs and i also like the look of the fogger v6
        Maybe wait for the Billow V2?

Being able to rebuild coils without emptying the tank sounds awesome!

Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• I just ordered a new Eleaf Istick. An I clear 30 and some coils all for the sum of £23.00, using the same at the moment and love it, so spares will do.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

• v2 looks nice, i like the airflow control pin similar to the way i control airflow on my sub ohm tank, nice buy scrivz is that the istick mini you got there
            Intel Core i3 3240¦ Asrock z75 pro-3¦ 8GB's Mushkin Blackline LV¦ Asus GTX550 TI¦ 600W Be Quiet¦ Noctua NH-U12P¦ 1920x1080 BenQ G2222HDL¦ OCZ Agility 3 60GB¦ Lian-Li P50 Armorsuit¦

Comment

• Anyone seen the new (launches this week) Joyetech Evic VT? Box mod DNA40 chipset, variable wattage and temperature control modes for use with Nickel and Titanium wire, 60W max output and can go as low as 0.01ohm resistance for Ni/Ti wire. Fitted with a 5000mah battery (should last at least 2 days, if not more) and comes complete with colour matching Delta II tank - all for £85.

It's on my purchase list, that's for sure. Not played around with Nickel wire and temperature control yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bing View Post
                Anyone seen the new (launches this week) Joyetech Evic VT? Box mod DNA40 chipset, variable wattage and temperature control modes for use with Nickel and Titanium wire, 60W max output and can go as low as 0.01ohm resistance for Ni/Ti wire. Fitted with a 5000mah battery (should last at least 2 days, if not more) and comes complete with colour matching Delta II tank - all for £85.

It's on my purchase list, that's for sure. Not played around with Nickel wire and temperature control yet...
                I'll have a look at it but I won't buy until I see reviews.

I'd prefer to use Kanthal wire and I'm a bit skeptical of those specs for the price. The finish on the original DNA 40's was terrible so if Joyetech to a better job I'll certainly consider it.

My current IPV2x runs at 60W but the battery I have in it is only a 35A Efest 2500mAh so only lasts a day.

Comment

• The reviews (Rip trippers/pauly meatballs) have all been extremely favourable! The finish is available in 3x different colours, silver, black and yellow and seems to be top drawer. I don't normally get so hung up on box mods but the finish and features for £85 are irresistable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
                    Maybe wait for the Billow V2?

Being able to rebuild coils without emptying the tank sounds awesome!

Wow just wow LOL If i smoked e cigs thats what i'd want
                    Originally posted by Aaron
                    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• The billow just looks like another rip of the subtank which you can change coil without emptying the tank.
                      Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                      Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Anyone seen the new (launches this week) Joyetech Evic VT? Box mod DNA40 chipset, variable wattage and temperature control modes for use with Nickel and Titanium wire, 60W max output and can go as low as 0.01ohm resistance for Ni/Ti wire. Fitted with a 5000mah battery (should last at least 2 days, if not more) and comes complete with colour matching Delta II tank - all for £85.

yeah nice bit of kit but go faster stripes hmmm not sure oh and its a ego one mega not the dealta 2 that comes with the kit also innokin have there own temp control mod in the pipe line supposedly its accurate to with in 5c of whats displayed

oh and this is currently my waiting for tank

Last edited by David84; 04-06-15, 13:19.

Comment

• Sorry, I did know it was an Ego tank, not Delta 2 - either way, it's the rebuildable part that I'm interested in. I don't use premade coils whatsoever. Never will.

Comment

Sorry, I did know it was an Ego tank, not Delta 2 - either way, it's the rebuildable part that I'm interested in. I don't use premade coils whatsoever. Never will.
                            np bud um yeah there's a rba for the ego one mega here's a link http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=238

Comment

Working...
                            X