Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Potentially Controversial E-Cig Thread

Hi all,

Following on from some posts in the giving up smoking thread I figured the topic of ecigs deserved a thread of it's own.

So, after owning an ecig for about 18 months (basic ego type) and using it off and on unsuccessfully for that period I've finally cracked it and figured out how to make it work for me. 18mg juice just wasn't cutting it so I bought some 24mg......that was too strong.....50/50 mix of the 2 and voila!

In terms of equipment I'm using a standard 650mah battery with an iClear 16b bdc clearomiser at present and have a knock off protank 3 and an Evod VV 1600mah battery on the way from fasttech (Cheers Scrivz). Flavourd-wise, I'm rocking apple, classic tobacco and a rather tasty caramel mocha at present. I also have a horrible hazelnut coffee one and a menthol which are lounging in a cupboard.

Anyway, what are you guys using, how're you finding it? I assume links to most places should be ok and will add my own when i have some spare time later.
    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

I am using an Innokin Itaste MVP as my daily driver, a brilliant device and last for days on one charge. I just use mint and tried other flavours but never got on with any of them. I am on 16mg which is a lot less than the rollies I was smoking and my next order will be 12mg. By the way OP, I tried the cheap route and found it was a waste of money, pay for something decent and you will really appreciate it believe me.
    Last edited by scrivz69; 14-07-14, 18:30.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
      I am using an Innokin Itaste MVP as my daily driver, a brilliant device and last for days on one charge. I just use mint and tried other flavours but never got on with any of them. I am on 16mg which is a lot less than the rollies I was smoking and my next order will be 12mg. By the way OP, I tried the cheap route and found it was a waste of money, pay for something decent and you will really appreciate it believe me.
      How did you find going from the rollies to the 16mg? I smoked amber leaf (quite thick rollies as well) and found the 18mg only staved off the desire. Rocking a mix of about 20-22mg worked fine to balance me out though and today 18mg has been fine. In terms of buying something decent....I thought I had lol, the protank 3 knock-off can use the original Kanger heads and is apparentlly good quality. I'll link it but being fasttech suspect it may get removed.

tank: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1651204

battery: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1756017

Both despatched today

In terms of juice, where are you buying? Any recommendations? I have a mix of Smokshop's own and Vivid (crap)from a petrol station on the way to work. Will be ordering some Vampire Vape stuff soon though

Comment

Here's a question for you guys, if/when you get to 0mg, will you continue to vape?
        Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
        Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
          Here's a question for you guys, if/when you get to 0mg, will you continue to vape?
          Nope, at least that's my intention. I personally intend to drop the mg over the next few months and quit, to balance my comments in the smoking thread I have to say that at no point have I been marketed an ecig as a smoking cessation device.....It's just how i've decided to use it

Comment

Same here, I am going to knock it down as I go along.

Added after 3 minutes:

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
            How did you find going from the rollies to the 16mg? I smoked amber leaf (quite thick rollies as well) and found the 18mg only staved off the desire. Rocking a mix of about 20-22mg worked fine to balance me out though and today 18mg has been fine. In terms of buying something decent....I thought I had lol, the protank 3 knock-off can use the original Kanger heads and is apparentlly good quality. I'll link it but being fasttech suspect it may get removed.

tank: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1651204

battery: https://www.fasttech.com/p/1756017

Both despatched today

In terms of juice, where are you buying? Any recommendations? I have a mix of Smokshop's own and Vivid (crap)from a petrol station on the way to work. Will be ordering some Vampire Vape stuff soon though
            This is what I use and have done from the start http://www.fasttech.com/p/1310913 I have tried different flavours but they were all poo lol. Like I said in my PM, a pass through is great so you can use it whilst it charges, don't leave it plugged in when you go to bed will ya, or your house just might explode. Not that all batteries are bad but I don't trust these type at all, I keep one spare in my work bag just in case.
            Last edited by scrivz69; 14-07-14, 19:36.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

Just go cold turkey, chickens.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                Just go cold turkey, chickens.
                Lol too much stress and poo in my life at the moment for that mate.

Comment

Please have a read and sign

http://www.efvi.eu/

Comment

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                    Please have a read and sign

http://www.efvi.eu/
                    Lol why are you so against it being regulated? Do you even understand what regulation is?

You could be months away from legislation which guarantees you're definitely getting your 16mg hit of pure unadulterated nicotine, rather than not having a clue what you're "vaping".
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                    Originally posted by BigIan88
                    turn off that sexy nonsense
                    Originally posted by Salad Soup
                    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

I'm not against it being regulated, I'm against it being over-regulated which is a tendency of government when faced with something they don't understand. If the regulation put in place is fair and doesn't damage what's arguably the biggest step forward in the 'push' to get people off cigarettes in a long time then I'm all for it.

Comment

Why do you assume that you understand it better than the government(s) and/or advisors?

Also I'm still not entirely sold on this "push" to get people "off" nasty cigarettes onto another form of nicotine delivery system. Just give up.
                        turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Originally posted by omega View Post
                          Why do you assume that you understand it better than the government(s) and/or advisors?

Also I'm still not entirely sold on this "push" to get people "off" nasty cigarettes onto another form of nicotine delivery system. Just give up.
                          Firstly, I don't assume that, but it's quite clear for this little thing called the news that they do what they please regardless.

Secondly, nobody cares whether you're sold or not, I couldn't give a flying . Who are you to dictate what me and approximately 2 million others in this country alone do with their own bodies....it's already proven to have 0 affect on you. Get off your high horse.

Comment

I'm not on a high horse Take off your tinfoil hat if you seriously think that everything the governments do is for their own benefit.
                            I think it's only fair that a drug delivery system is regulated so that you and your 2 million friends get exactly what you're paying for.

Comment

I already said I was fine with regulation, just not over-regulation, and the desire to classify these things as 'medical products' is just that. As for 'drug delivery system', is your morning coffee classed as a medical product? We're re-treading old ground here now.

Comment

Working...
                              X