Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula 1 2017

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Totally..



    Originally posted by coiler
    Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

    Comment


    • it worked....
      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
      Plato

      Comment


      • absolute fing disgrace.
        I'm no Ham fanboy by any means, but he was right to savage Seb after the race, because that was just shocking.

        should have been black flagged imo, hope Charlie Whiting has the balls to re-evaluate that after the fact and apply an appropriate penalty.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
          absolute fing disgrace.
          I'm no Ham fanboy by any means, but he was right to savage Seb after the race, because that was just shocking.

          should have been black flagged imo, hope Charlie Whiting has the balls to re-evaluate that after the fact and apply an appropriate penalty.
          Hmmmm, I dunno, apparently something interesting happened in Formula 1 yesterday.

          See you in another 10 years.
          GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

          Comment


          • It is because of the lack of control and punishment of such issues that F1 is losing its audience.
            What is the point of watching it if cheating is rife and bullying is condoned??
            International Fussball would soon lose its sensible audience if national sides were allowed to win by crippling their opponents.
            I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
            Dave Burnett

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
              It is because of the lack of control and punishment of such issues that F1 is losing its audience.
              That, and the fact that 'racing' (IE, not manufactured straight line overtakes with the push of a button) is becoming more rare - a result of the reliance or aero and the confusion of rules and punishments you referred to. And also, that Bernie has given full rights to Sky for 5 years after next year, meaning that many (if not, the majority of) people won't be able to afford to watch it.



              Originally posted by coiler
              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

              Comment


              • A farse

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
                  Hmmmm, I dunno, apparently something interesting happened in Formula 1 yesterday.

                  See you in another 10 years.
                  and the point of this post is... what??

                  Comment


                  • the point is F1 has been off the boil for many years..
                    it needs some changes to bring it back to the petrol-head masses as it has now become the elitist thing it originally set out to be. whereas in the past it was about people dreaming about being an F1 driver etc these days that dream is gone I think.

                    Comment


                    • You must have all watched a different race and season to me - been intriguing and riveting for me so far this year.

                      Not a one car procession, a whole host of different incidents, different podium drivers and teams.

                      What is becoming quite evident on a couple of tracks, despite the design alterations - the desire for speed means a lot of tracks are actually right on the edge of suitable for the car design.
                      Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                      Forum Guidelines here

                      Comment


                      • By the way farce not farse.

                        Designing tracks for cars???

                        Much like making them easier for the drivers?? These are supposedly the best drivers in the World and tracks have to be made easier to drive!!!
                        I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                        Dave Burnett

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
                          By the way farce not farse.

                          Designing tracks for cars???

                          Much like making them easier for the drivers?? These are supposedly the best drivers in the World and tracks have to be made easier to drive!!!
                          Maybe they could get rid of the corners?


                          All your spoon are belong to us

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                            You must have all watched a different race and season to me - been intriguing and riveting for me so far this year.

                            Not a one car procession, a whole host of different incidents, different podium drivers and teams.

                            What is becoming quite evident on a couple of tracks, despite the design alterations - the desire for speed means a lot of tracks are actually right on the edge of suitable for the car design.
                            i used to use the f1 as afternoon nap time. This year it's actually kept me a awake the few races I've watched.
                            vettel overstepped the mark. He was punished it could have been harsher it wasn't. Time will tell if it has An effect on the season

                            in Moto gp Valentino had a similar issue with Marc Marquez he was punished more severely and then everyone was in uproar as it ended up costing him the world title. Whatever option they take will be wrong.

                            i for one am actually looking forward to the next few races that's not something I've said in a long time.
                            My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Burn-IT View Post
                              By the way farce not farse.

                              Designing tracks for cars???

                              Much like making them easier for the drivers?? These are supposedly the best drivers in the World and tracks have to be made easier to drive!!!
                              I was referring to the car design changes, to be more specific the width of the car seems to be the cause of a lot of the incidents
                              Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                              Forum Guidelines here

                              Comment


                              • If you get too fat to fit through a door, don't blame the design of the door!!
                                I've not failed. I've just found 10.000 ways that don't work!
                                Dave Burnett

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X