Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ferraris have always been good on tyres, so it wasn't a great surprise really other than screwing Kimi out of a better finish. I love his radio rants but these were totally justified this time. I've no idea what Arrivabene was thinking on Sunday...

I thought that the race was good and apart from Lewis, I don't think any of the front runners were already decided based on what I watched. The attacking drive from Max and his battle with Danny Ric was great. Deep lunging overtakes from quite a few drivers as the DRS didn't really work well around there. It was far from boring for me.

Comment

In case anyone is interested, this is a live stream of Alonso testing his Indy500 car.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...ut-901414/?s=1

Originally posted by coiler
      Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Let's hope it does better than his F1 car last week

Originally posted by Aria
        On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Well, he started so that's already happened..

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
            Well, he started so that's already happened..
            Haha! Yup. Honda need to s**t or get off the pot. They're 3 years into F1 and still nothing promising to show for it. There has to be a point where it's going to hurt road car sales too, surely.

I don't really agree with the argument that you wont win titles with a customer engine. Plenty have done before. McLaren need to look elsewhere for their horsepower!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
              McLaren need to look elsewhere for their horsepower!
              Well if the rumour mill is true, then it won't be long before they're back with Merc.

Eddie Jordan has a knack of being right about these things.

Comment

I sincerely hope so! Lewis won the title with a Merc engine in 2k8 so all this "we won't win if we buy our engines" is absolute bow-locks. If the McLaren chassis and aero is as good as they say and as good as it looks, they'll be up there in the fight like they should be.

Comment

12 minutes. 12 minutes of FP1 Alonso lasted...
                  oh dear

Comment

It's absolutely disgraceful isn't it. I hope Bruce McLaren comes back to haunt Dennis and the rest of the board.

Comment

now Vettel has the problems
                      I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Jesus, 3 corners he made and the engine blew up, oil all over the track now!
                        He must be so annoyed

Originally posted by Aria
                        On reflection though, as I am taking a bath, listening to "Rain of blessing-vajra chant" while typing on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by M4T VW View Post
                          Jesus, 3 corners he made and the engine blew up, oil all over the track now!
                          He must be so annoyed
                          it was his first lap out, in what could potentially be the most important session of the season. and 3 corners is all the engine could manage.
                          what an absolute ing shambles

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                            I sincerely hope so! Lewis won the title with a Merc engine in 2k8 so all this "we won't win if we buy our engines" is absolute bow-locks. If the McLaren chassis and aero is as good as they say and as good as it looks, they'll be up there in the fight like they should be.
                            looking at how merc seem to have an extra quali mode that the other merc teams do not, it is possible the customer parts are not to the same standards.

i agree with dennis that if your team is the flag carrier for the company you will do better. have them doing better for you than if you're just another punter paying to use their gear.

problem was the honda bet didn't pay off. honda are way off the ball when it comes to the stupid regs f1 has right now for the engines. big issue they have imo is that it is not as easy to make masssive changes to the engines via the rules as it is the aero. not that the aero changes have been great, but i think they need to go more ground effect to reduce the dirty air issue. i mean look how good the blown diffuser systems were and while they did hurt aero for the following car i think it was only an issue when they got very close.
                            "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                            Plato

Comment

I don't disagree with any of that but the main issues with the Honda package are lack of power and lack of reliability. Changes to aero won't alter that.

Comment

I'm just here to say how happy I am to see someone else talk about the ground effect and lack of dirty air.
                                I have been thinking this for years and thought it was so simple I must've got it wrong.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
                                the trails is where life flows best
                                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X