This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Mclaren have missed a chance.

They should have purchased Manor or Caterham a couple of years ago and put the Honda engine in the back of it.

They could havce then followed the development whilst still using the Merc enginge to keep the points and money rolling in.

Then if/when (as hindsight has shown us IF) Honda proved to be reliable and powerfull switch over.
    I am not losing weight! I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again!

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post
      I think Mclaren have missed a chance.

They should have purchased Manor or Caterham a couple of years ago and put the Honda engine in the back of it.

They could havce then followed the development whilst still using the Merc enginge to keep the points and money rolling in.

Then if/when (as hindsight has shown us IF) Honda proved to be reliable and powerfull switch over.
      money isn't a problem, Honda are providing enough to Scrooge McDuck style swim in it.

The problem at this point is the damage their position is doing to the brand overall, and at what stage do they let that get to before it becomes too troubling.

edit: btw anyone just watch MotoGP FP1 there? tempted to go lump on Maverick for the title already? I know I am...

Comment

Vinales is going to be Rossi's biggest ever rivalry, 100%. If he thought he hated Jorge, just wait for the fireworks this season... I'm not a fan of Rossi. He's had an amazing career but he's been a bit of a **** at times. Final straw for me was kicking Marquez off last season.

Comment

funny, i would of kicked marc harder

it is the fight to race that keep rossi going. but he seems to like mav as a person so i think it could be a nice transition of the mantel. think back to when vale came into honda and he was passed the reigns by doohan.

personally i would love to see him get another championship, he has been at the pointy end the whole time. that being said i think if he can win another, against the field today it will be his biggest achievement. i have never seen a championship with as much, top draw talent.
          "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
          Plato

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
            funny, i would of kicked marc harder
            glad someone else said it first

I still reckon that it wasn't actually a deliberate kick, the more I watch the more it just seems like an instinctive twitch type reaction.
            anywho, in the past. mostly. I'm sure I'll eventually forgive MM for robbing my hero of his title...

Comment

Of course it was deliberate

Two clear angles here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYo5gtyKbs

...it all adds to the paddock angst though, which makes for legendary racing rivalries and unforgettable races.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderlust View Post

I understand your logic; however, there's absolutely no way Honda would have signed a deal to power a back of the grid team though...

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                  I understand your logic; however, there's absolutely no way Honda would have signed a deal to power a back of the grid team though...
                  Yeah.. that just took a front of the grid team and made them run at the back for a lot more money.

Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by luke22 View Post
                    he knows, as well as we do, you do not win championships with customer parts.
                    At least they would be winning finishing races though and not have become the laughing stock of the sport..

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                      Yeah.. that just took a front of the grid team and made them run at the back for a lot more money.
                      Fixed it: I understand your logic; however, there's absolutely no way Honda would have signed a deal to power an already back of the grid team though...

Comment

I know.. I'm just being facetious..

Comment

Disappointed with practice times so far.
                          Mercs WERE sandbagging. Looks like they are a second a lap faster than the Ferraris.
                          Bang goes our hope for an open championship.
                          the trails is where life flows best
                          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Im not so sure. I'm a Merc and Lewis fan but I want him to earn his wins, not disappear into the distance. I think the Fezzas will be great on tyres again and they're clearly up there time wise. RBR won't get a look in until the first bunch of upgrades come though. They're not looking hugely competitive over long stints.

Comment

it's here.... GO TIME!

Stroll has a grid penalty, and Kimi is already on his second (of 4 allowed for the whole season) of his Control Electronics & Energy Store.

fun fun fun

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                                Im not so sure. I'm a Merc and Lewis fan but I want him to earn his wins, not disappear into the distance. I think the Fezzas will be great on tyres again and they're clearly up there time wise. RBR won't get a look in until the first bunch of upgrades come though. They're not looking hugely competitive over long stints.
                                I did good with that analysis!

Comment

Working...
                                X