This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 and a half..

I squeeze a couple of cheeky hours in Saturday night before I gets up for it normally..

Comment

Race weekends start on a Friday my friend.... call yourself a fan??

Comment

my passion for "practice" and precessions, I mean qualifying has dwindled over recent years.

Comment

1am tonight (tomorrow morning) isn't it, proper start ?
          they don't seem to have that uber handy 'convert to your local time' button on the website any more

Comment

Yup! The Sky box is all set to record and I'm up early to watch FP1 and/or 2 before work if it's an early one.

Granted, FP sessions aren't always exciting; however, the first one of the season is where you get the most technical info on the new cars. Also, at the races where they're trialling new upgrades throughout the season, the FP sessions are pretty exciting too. Qualies have improved since the start of the modern turbo era too. It's not like a few seasons ago where Q3 was done and dusted inside the first 3 minutes and the tracks empty for the rest. It usually goes to the chequered flag and has done for a couple of seasons now since they tweaked the rules to improve it.

You're missing out Moonchester!

Comment

yeah with the tech changes this season the first few FP sessions are a must watch imo

Comment

Absolutely, especially when it's an aero year like this season. The drivers are going to feel a lot more G than last season...

Comment

I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if McLaren can do enough laps for me to use up all my fingers and toes before the car blows up.

Originally posted by coiler
                  Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if McLaren can do enough laps for me to use up all my fingers and toes before the car blows up.
                    Haha. Sad, but true. McLaren are a real heritage team and shouldn't be where they are. It's so frustrating as a fan that I can't imagine how the team feel. The board should all be held accountable for awful business decisions.

Comment

In this decision, the board = Ron Dennis.. It was essentially him who forced it through, leaving merc and partnering with Honda.

Comment

oh that reminds me, must tweet @ SkyBet and see if they'll do a RAB based around what lap Alonso's car goes 'pop' on Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                          In this decision, the board = Ron Dennis.. It was essentially him who forced it through, leaving merc and partnering with Honda.
                          Can't deny the good Dennis did for McLaren in the past though. Also, if Honda are saying we can deliver X and it'll cost you Y, with their partnership history, why would you doubt them? That can't all lie squarely with Ron...

Comment

Yeah agreed.. but didn't he force it through when others didn't want it?

Comment

he knows, as well as we do, you do not win championships with customer parts. rbr being an exception as they were the dictating to renault what they wanted.

big step down from being the merc pet project to being on the outside. but now he is not the man maybe others will swallow that bitter pill with more ease?
                              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                              Plato

Comment

Honda and McLaren knew that their engine wasn't competitive but accepted that development would be done throughout the first racing season. Little did they know how far behind they'd fall.

If I was at McLaren, I'd be pushing Honda towards breach of contract or a clause which surely will be written in and take a customer engine until Honda have something more competitive.

Points mean pounds and a Merc engine is going to earn you money to develop the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X